special from Meyer Hatchery!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Just wanted everyone to know that Meyer Hatchery is running a special this week on broilers.....25% off, which basically means they ship free. I'm kicking myself cause I ordered mine just before they went on special.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I hope they run this special again in the spring! My freezers are full for the winter already.

If you happen to read this Meyer Hatchery, about April would be a nice time for a sale on both boilers AND New Hampshire Reds!! :D :D :D

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd get some, but I don't have enough time left to grow them before it gets cold. They poo so much, I work mine in a portable tractor/cage that I made out of pvc. Not much protection from the elements. :/ But that is an awesome deal!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just went on their site and couldn't find the special....it said that the meat chicks were not available. :hu

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My chicks from Meyers just came in this morning. We ended up getting 50 "Heavies". Basically just and assortment of males from the brown egg layer & dual purpose breeds. We spent right at $40 and got 53 good looking chicks.
Granted, they won't grow as large or as quickly as the meaties, but I'm fine with skinny chickens :p

Free, give them a call, their website isn't as up to date as it could be. They might still have some in stock or ready to hatch.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I believe that special was only for Monday shipping. It was a good deal.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just got back from Meyer Hatchery. I talked to Charlotte who is the store manager. She said that the specials are last minute offers when their chick hatch exceeds their orders. So as soon as they run out of chicks, then the special is done. The next batch of broilers will be in November. Just keep calling or looking at their website to catch the special offers and you have to call quick.

They did have some cute chicks in their store though they were egg laying breeds. :D

Latest posts