Reaction score
I always did like Jiffy Pop
Loved how it blew up on the stove top
HA HA

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Popcorn- yummy.
I put a largish sauce pan on the stove and put a couple of splashes of oil in the bottom, then turn it on medium. Put a couple of kernels of corn in and wait til they pop - cover with a splatter screen or keep the lid crooked to allow steem to escape- then add the rest of the corn, swish it around to cover with oil, then stand til it starts to pop- then start shaking back and forth- don't stop shaking til you don't hear a pop for a couple of seconds- remove from heat and serve. I have never burnt popcorn this way.
But my real dirty little secret is to pop it without oil using melted butter. YUMMMMMMMYYYYY-iest.
I melt butter in the bottom of the pot on no more than medium heat. When it is all melted and starting to bubble, I put the popcorn in and swish it to get the kernels covered. Cover with a splatter screen (steam should be able to escape easily for good popcorn.) When popping starts, shake vigorously (I do the popcorn dance) til done. then serve- I don't use salt or anything else.
If you've had the heat too high, the butter may turn brown- but it's still good. I prefer no brown so keep heat lower.
Tasty- why put oil in for more calories if you like melted butter on it anyway. May cause heart attacks but you'll die with a smile on your face.
:lol:

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hiedi said:
the simple life said:
I am pretty sure I have the same type of popcorn pot that Beekissed has, it has a cover with a crank handle.
You turn the handle and there is a piece that sticks down and it stirs up the popcorn kernals and keeps it from burning.
Its fantastic and the easiest I have ever used and it washes out very easy.
My father bought mine for me at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have seen them at other places thought too.
You can probably order them online.
Is this what you are talking about? If so, I can check at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond to see if they sell them.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Basics-PC17551-Aluminum-Stovetop/dp/B000W44GX6
Yup, thats the one. I love it. Mine came with a small pot for melting butter and a salt shaker and a seasoning shaker.
It was a little kit, you might be able to get one, but its not like you need it.
The pot is the most important thing.
Happy popping.:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm going to make some to sell at my farm stand next year...call it Grandma Ruby's Mountain Popcorn. Anything with the word "mountain" in it, sells like hotcakes to the tourist around here! :D

Latest posts