Spinning wool....experts I need your input.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Val, thats BEAUTIFULL!! I need one of those thingy ma bobbers, you have your yarn on! Where did you get it? Beautifull yarn.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
It's a niddy-noddy. I bought it when I got my first fleece from the yarn store I bought the fleece from. It's great for skeining the yarn from your bobbin. I just tie it off in 4 places, take it off, wash it (I spin before I wash), and it is good to store.

http://www.woolery.com/Pages/spinaccess.html#niddy

Tracylhl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Val, thats BEAUTIFULL!! I need one of those thingy ma bobbers, you have your yarn on! Where did you get it? Beautifull yarn.
It's not as pretty, but more self-sufficient to make your own niddy-noddy from PVC. Here's instructions: http://www.doctordirt.com/blog/niddy.html It goes together very easily and works great! I use mine regularly!

Valmom, you're doing very well! I don't enjoy spindles much (never got good at the them) but I really enjoy spinning on a wheel. It's really great to start with a raw product and end with a wearable item! Have you started knitting what you've spun yet? Can't wait to see!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tracy, thanks..I printed the instructions, and plan to go get the supplies I need to make one!!

Tracylhl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Tracy, thanks..I printed the instructions, and plan to go get the supplies I need to make one!!
No problem! Enjoy!

JLMom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Beautiful! I haven't spun in a while, but it sure is fun. What are you planning on making with it? I think something flat (like a scarf) might be nice.

Great Job!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Right now I am just trying to get my yarn spun...UGH, canning season and flooding..and being sick. I havent picked it up in weeks!! I want to get back with it. Hopefully soon!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Ugh- being sick on top of having stuff to do stinks. Get better soon! I always feel like fiber work should be done during long winter evenings. Summer is the time to get ready for winter. We are winterizing the house a lot this year, after last year's pretty drastic winter.

At least we live on a huge hill and have no chance of flooding, even if the horses are in mud up to their knees.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree Valmom, Once the gardens are tilled under...the plastic is on the windows...and the firewood is stacked up near the house...I will be able to get back into my spinning. :fl
Right now, I am cooking beets to pickle...have green beans in the sink, soaking, and 2 dozen ears of corn waiting to be cut from the cob. And...here I sit! LOL