SPRING!

odd_duck99

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mini daffodils have bloomed! :weee The crocus are up, and the tulips are working on it! Now I just need my ornamental cherry tree to get going and for my normal daffodils to appear... not sure what's up with them - don't see 'em yet! Hope the squirrels didn't get to them first.

What means "Spring" to you in your garden/yard?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well our flowers are up and blooming, tulips are working on it. The bees are working the orchards! :woot We have seedlings, and hatchlings on the way!! :woot Then are looking for a calf to bottle feed :D :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Spring isn't found in my yard or garden, it's found in nature. I've been hearing peepers, and have been looking for an osprey. This is the time of year I normally see one. They don't normally stay in the area, but will fish the lake for a few days B4 moving to their nesting areas.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
GREEN
spring is green to me along with tons of flowering trees and allergies ! :)

one day everything is drab, wake up and find out everything is budding and green. cool

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Frogs croaking. Honey and I have long referred to that as our mating call lol.

Crocus, daffodils. Baby chicks.

Unfortunately, in our area spring is heralded not by green, but by mud. Mud everywhere. I hate mud.

odd_duck99

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Funny... for me spring is just more mud, then it starts to lessen! lol!

We usually get chicks this time of year, but we got them early this year in December (from Ideal)! Tryin' something new. We wanted eggs by summer! Only lost one to a hawk, which is pretty good considering the grass wasn't tall like it is in summer AND it only got the lame-o rooster that wasn't feathering out properly and was going to get culled soon anyway! I will miss the cute little spring fuzzballs!

I do need to get with it and add some dirt to the raised beds before it is time to get things outside. That's the only good thing about the NW weather... I have until almost June. <sigh> We are ordering some seed from Territorial seed co this year, and hoping to get stock that is a lot earlier than you can find at regular stores.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have lots of things in bloom. Hyacinths are bloomed out, daffodils have been for weeks now, our Irises just began to bloom. I noticed a dogwood in bloom yesterday too. All the bradford pears around have blooms, along with our snowball bush and the redbud tree. The yard is turning green again :D We have ducklings, chicks, baby bunnies, and LOADS of bumble bees bumbling around :lol: Wasps are out too :/ we are very definately in the midst of Spring though :woot The greenhouse is working out terrific and full of started garden plants waiting to get set out :weee

HandledWithCare

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Spring means walking outside and smelling flowers no matter where I am! It's the blooming magnolia trees and garden centers full of tulips and pansies. It's a tiny break from mud and dreary cold. Unfortunately it's also mean male guineas and ticks!

HWC

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for me today is definatly "spring like" as many of the trees around me have started getting thier first tiny little leaflets and all have that random yellow/green splattered with paint effect going on :)
to me...the treees actually waking up is the first major sign of spring...the flowers sometimes come early so it can be a little false hope...but once those leaves start appearing you know springs getting out of bed :)