The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Grandmasporch Have you ever tried these

Would be a perfect size for us. Was wondering if I could reuse the containers or not. Might be fun for the little one to try.

I don't know why but I don't do sprouts šŸ¤¢
I bet you could reuse it,---- I let my sprouts grow a bit bigger than a small sprout, I think they taste better a bit bigger.
I think a starter kit is great for the kids!
Once you have the hang of it, it just be a matter of keeping a rotation tray going to you have greens all of the time.
I have 2 sets of 3 trays , I start one set and when they start to sprout I start the second set.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bet you could reuse it,---- I let my sprouts grow a bit bigger than a small sprout, I think they taste better a bit bigger.
I think a starter kit is great for the kids!
Once you have the hang of it, it just be a matter of keeping a rotation tray going to you have greens all of the time.
I have 2 sets of 3 trays , I start one set and when they start to sprout I start the second set.
Thanks, I think that I might try it. The girls will try it though not sure if the little one will eat as much as the older teen. Good idea on keeping the rotation going!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and, I was thinking this would make great Christmas gifts for my family. With 10 grandkids, ages 20 to one due in March) I think a practical teaching gift is a good thing.
This is fun and a learning thing

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Grandmasporch Have you ever tried these

Would be a perfect size for us. Was wondering if I could reuse the containers or not. Might be fun for the little one to try.

I don't know why but I don't do sprouts šŸ¤¢

:lol:

I love sprouts. Great on a sandwich, great on a pizza.

We have a sprouter like what @Grandmasporch has, but it is white and I bought it from Johnny's seeds ages back... you can grow several levels of spouts at a time.