Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MOST of the stores actually recycle their cardboard now. I know the Dollar Generals & WalMarts do. Since I do resets every Spring, there are large boxes arriving with much of the set ups. I have been able to obtain those since I know my managers well but, pretty much, they break it down and it goes back to warehouse on the delivery trucks. They sell it to recyclers.

Certainly a smaller garden is easier to care for! Most of us grow more than we can use, on a personal level. But we share it and plan to grow a little to offset the die offs, etc. Me? Excess goes to animals, or any friend who wants it. My kids don't eat most of what I grow -- not big veggie eaters, although raised with them. They love eggs and I eat very few. I don't do "huge" anymore.

Do plan to can more this year, to cut my small grocery bill to almost nothing. LOL Plus, I hope to grow more of the things that I can store and feed animals in winter. But, much of that doesn't need the extreme control of a small home veg garden.

It's rained here all day. Not heavy but, wet just the same. Been inside and pretty lazy. Pot of chili almost done. Getting dark, time to close up coops. Temps are upper 60s but, cold front arrives tomorrow and down hill all day. Yep into mid 20s with feel like of teens. Geesh, I hate roller coasters. Also, the frozen tubs I will find Thurs morning.

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yup, supposed to be below zero eith wind chill most of the day Thursday. We got 5" of snow today. I want to fly south with the geese! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a small garden at out old house because I had no room for anything bigger. I was also able to grow all winter long too, can't do that here. Not going to downsize, I just have to figure this weed situation out. I've made MAJOR improvements in the soil, I just have to get the weed situation under control.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh...slept in until 6:45 when body said get up, daylight coming.

No "have to dos" -- except feed animals. So I plan to have a "want to do" day. Should be novel.

Had breakfast and a cup of joe. Will probably get another later....cold out and will want something warm when I get back inside from feeding. Yep, they slept in, also.

Last edited: