• Poll closed .

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like snow, but winter is just too long. ❄

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, @frustratedearthmother has a MUD FARM!! And all this time y'all thought her main focus was raising goats and pigs...…NOT! She makes MUD! She stomps in MUD, she carries feed and water through MUD! Sometimes, she even falls down in MUD!

Having experienced that very same MUD, I am qualified to make fun of her. :lol:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
(stirring in some stevia...) I dunno, I like having 4 seasons. Winter snow kinda forces you to slow down, turn inward and contemplate your place in the scheme of things... stuff that you don't have time to do during the growing/calving/kidding/etc seasons.

Of course, you could also look at it as only 2 seasons.... Winter, and GettingReadyForWinter, lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee, plenty for y’all! It’s 22* this morning! DH has the water pots boiling so I can go thaw out water buckets. We’re taking 6 lambs to slaughter this morning. Sorry for the cold ride!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they keep bumping down the forecast cold for tonight. the high is going to be 5F with windchill below zero. such a strange year it has been already and this adds to it. :)

i also do not mind winter at all. well, i'm not a huge fan of being cold, but i also like that the snow brightens up everything from the dull greys and browns. i also like reading and can get caught up on all the things i put off during the rush of the late season and harvest time.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
36 and dry on my front porch. (sip, sip) My load of apples were done in the freeze dryer; I've got 2 more 5-gallon buckets to go; that comes out to about 4 more batches if I freeze dry them all. I think I'll do some canning and dehydrating to speed up the process. (sip, sip)

Latest posts