Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just being able to ramble on is always nice.

My dogs are weird.

Athena was in Zeus' bed and he wanted it back but she intimidates him. So he went into the bedroom and barked out the window. Athena went running and barking to see what she needed to defend against. Zeus sauntered past her and curled up in his bed.

Zeus doesn't normally bark so everyone pays attention when he does. He's conniving though

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, @frustratedearthmother has a MUD FARM!! And all this time y'all thought her main focus was raising goats and pigs...…NOT! She makes MUD! She stomps in MUD, she carries feed and water through MUD! Sometimes, she even falls down in MUD!

Having experienced that very same MUD, I am qualified to make fun of her. :lol:

Organic mud just might sell. Once I was serious about selling latex paint thinner (water).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on! Breakfast is oatmeal and sausage. 22* here this morning, going to be in the low 20's again tonight, then we're done with this for awhile. Supposed to be sunny and up to 50* today. Have plans to castrate the ram lambs today. There is one that is a beauty, but being a half Katahdin, his name is Dinner.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Organic mud just might sell.
My mud is definitely full of "organic matter." LOL Not sure I'd want to use it in a mud pack, lol!

Weather dodo's said low would be 31 last night. We covered the tenders last night anyway because sometimes - just sometimes we get colder than Houston which is 25 miles north. It was 29 when we got up this morning. Glad we covered up!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, maybe winter isn't so bad when I can knit! 🐥

Mom knits scubbies and washcloths, but she's also done some other things. including what i call a foreskin. which is a very thick knitted (with large needles and six strands of yarn at once) section almost like a scarf, but it is just a circle that was measured around my head/neck and also from my chest up to the bottom of my nose. when she was done knitting i made sure it was the right size and then sewed the ends together. so it doesn't have any ends to get tangled or hanging and it doesn't slip off or up or down and it covers my mouth and nose so i can breath warm air. it is in effect the perfect winter accessory. :)

it also fits in a pocket.

will save lives. it's a revolution! :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've seen those, @flowerbug and you can also keep your face uncovered and pull the back up to make a kind of hood if the top of your head feels cold.

sip... sip Bullet Proof Coffee for breakfast: strong coffee, 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, 1 scoop MCT powder, pinch of himalayan or sea salt, pinch of cinnamon. It keeps me going until about 1 in the afternoon.

33F on the front porch this morning, sunshine and dry. My kale is dying, but the broccoli is still chugging along... kind of the opposite of most years.

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The inch of snow I got yesterday is slowly melting.... it seems so weird to have snow before Thanksgiving. Its usually still fall at this time!! So much snow...already. *Sip, sip.* Mmm, this is good coffee.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've seen those, @flowerbug and you can also keep your face uncovered and pull the back up to make a kind of hood if the top of your head feels cold.

sip... sip Bullet Proof Coffee for breakfast: strong coffee, 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, 1 scoop MCT powder, pinch of himalayan or sea salt, pinch of cinnamon. It keeps me going until about 1 in the afternoon.

33F on the front porch this morning, sunshine and dry. My kale is dying, but the broccoli is still chugging along... kind of the opposite of most years.

i usually have a hat on too. with a buzz cut there's not much protection up there... :)

my current wished for accessory for winter season is some goggles for when i go out walking or shovelling in the winds we can get whipping along. i'm used to wearing glasses and my eyes love to drip when i take the glasses off to go outside and walk or shovel. they may also come in handy any time i need to do things if there is smoke around.