FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
word
winter.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I love winter too and we get lots of snow. It's just a different kind of work than the work you work at the rest of the year. But my livestock all have water heaters, so maybe that's cheating... taking my coffee back to my corner now...

That's not cheating, that's called "smart".... ;) I love that difference in work, the change in how the air feels and smells, the feeling of working out in the cold but getting to come back into a wood fire warmth, the change in the colors of the landscapes and the fantastic sunsets, not to mention the brilliance of the night skies in the winter. I also love how ghostly beautiful the sycamore trees are...you really can't see that when all the leaves are on the trees. I love making bread and homemade soup on a winter's day....it just smells and tastes better than when I make them at any other time of the year.

I love the challenges, beauty and changes of winter. :love

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i used to walk in blizzards and snow all the time up north. once in a while it would be a completely clear sky but have the lake effect snow drifting and settling on a moonlit night with no breeze at all - you could hear the snow coming down. a bright moon or the stars on a clear night in the middle of winter could keep me up and wondering for quite a long time. northern lights would happen too and if i were with someone we could lay on the snow or the grass and talk about anything all night.

Latest posts