Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a bajillion weeds even when they are small. I have pulled, hoed, covered with cardboard and deep mulch. You are right @farmerjan, when it hits the high 90's or 100's outside, my enthusiasm seems to melt away. I have done the no till since we moved here, and last spring I ran the tractor and disc in there. Now that Robert our neighbor, has a new engine on his tiller, I am going to till the crap out of the garden, go with the weed cloth on 1/2 to 2/3 of it and cardboard, mulch the rest. If the weed cloth works, winner winner chicken dinner. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since I have some much needed and appreciated time at home, I'm doing inside and outside things, as it hits my fancy. Yesterday I did several "10 min jobs" that you have annoying you -- will get to it later things -- several were done yesterday as I just took the time to stop & do them. I appreciated that this morning.

Have been sorting thru boxes....upon boxes....a few at a time. Right now I'm doing a LOT of laundry. A box full of great shirts and some long johns -- all in "like new" condition and waiting for me to re-discover them. Probably 10 yrs n there. :hide Fabrics were so much nicer then, plus the quality is better. Things held their color & shape, didn't sag & stretch out then -- unlike so much of the "buy, wear, discard" of today's market trends. I'm a little embarrassed to say there were over 30. Now I don't need to go shopping. LOL Five sets of long johns, too. Since I buy basic, all are still in style & color use. :D

Still looking for a grinder packed away. But, have found more canning jars, new lids, oil lamps, another clothes scrub board -- yep, I'm ok for a blackout. Who knows what else! :old

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are out of town, neighbors are watching our place. One neighbor texted at 8:30 last night, our dogs were going nuts. He walked to the fence, didn’t see anything, dogs settled down. Dogs went nuts again around 10, neighbor Robert drove over, pulled up to gate and walked to the house. He said Sentry was really barking. Didn’t see anything, went home. At 1AM neighbor Ron heard the dogs barking like mad, he drove over. Carson had a bobcat cornered right at the sheep barn. Carson turned his head to look at Ron, the bobcat took off. So a bobcat is stalking our lambs! So proud of our dogs and grateful for the best neighbors anyone could ever have. When Robert goes to feed this evening, I told him to put Trip on the sheep barn for the night. Love our dogs and neighbors! Merry Christmas y’all!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope everyone is over the Christmas hustle by now. I was home today and baked a turkey, as planned. House smelled wonderful. Of course it was almost 70 outside, so the heat wasn't as welcome as normal in winter. At least, all heat was off -- except the oven!
Baked some sweets and a small pan of dressing while I had it going. Took 1/2 the turkey to DD & DGD. Tomorrow will make some bone broth.

FULL tummy! :lol: I just don't cook big meals anymore, being home alone. It's understandable. Lot less work. My freezer is so, so full. I used to cook large meals on the days I was home & had my DD stop on way home to carry at least half to her home. Saved her time after a long work day -- and saved $. We all ate better. Need to start that again.

No one around? No posts. Sleep well! :D