Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had 46 here. Air quality has improved significantly- for a while, our county had the worst air in the whole nation! We are looking at a 40% chance of rain later this week :fl hoping it will help with the fires.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good for controlling the fires too. The 242 fire (Chiloquin, just north of us) is still only about 40% contained last I checked.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope it rains for a while -- those firemen need to help!!

but i look at it as a good excuse to stay inside and read book and putter around on the computer all winter. :)

I can only "putter" after chores! Animals get feed and water no matter the weather. In rain, it may be a little off schedule but, otherwise -- it's suck it up & go time. :( They didn't ask to be here and I owe them their care. They get it.....I can gripe but, do it.

Some things can be done to lessen the load -- extra hay out, heated water tubs, etc. but you always have to check on everyone & everything. You accept it with ownership. I rarely use round bales, which CAN help with toting day to day. Just need extra accommodations for those monsters. Not always easy. Water is critical.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope it rains for a while -- those firemen need to help!!

I can only "putter" after chores! Animals get feed and water no matter the weather. In rain, it may be a little off schedule but, otherwise -- it's suck it up & go time. :( They didn't ask to be here and I owe them their care. They get it.....I can gripe but, do it.

Some things can be done to lessen the load -- extra hay out, heated water tubs, etc. but you always have to check on everyone & everything. You accept it with ownership. I rarely use round bales, which CAN help with toting day to day. Just need extra accommodations for those monsters. Not always easy. Water is critical.

yes, certainly! :) i keep worms, right here in my room. that is all i want to do. everything outside is mostly wild or fenced and plants which do need some care, but not as demanding and i don't feel so bad if one of them gets chewed up by a critter or fails for some other reason. Mom won't have any pets and i'm ok with that, but i used to keep aquariums when i was up north including a large reef setup that i really miss, but there is no room here for that and i'm ok with youtube watching aquariums if i feel i need a fix. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some of those video aquariums are beautiful! No doubt, easier to keep clean!:lol:

I used to keep various fish and enjoyed them. Been years. My DD keeps 3 units and sure it is from childhood experiences.

Today I worked and did an all day chuck roast with potato and green beans. Fed DS, DD & DGD....hand delivered to them, with fresh made bread. That is my treat for the week!:love

Well, may be some cookies for weekend. Craving some turtle choco chip :drool

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Completely different topic. 4 years ago my wife and I took a 2 week trip to Colorado. My college buddy and I always wanted to hike together. So in the spirit of the "flat stanley" craze years ago, I took a picture of him and put on a stick. "Flat Doug" was in a bunch of pictures each day. It was a riot. Despite the 2 hour time difference and our late evenings, several of his parishioners literally waited up for my nightly post and daily chronicles on Facebook

FB_IMG_1600906965049.jpg

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Completely different topic. 4 years ago my wife and took a 2 week trip to Colorado. My college buddy and I always wanted to hike together. So in the spirit of the "flat stanley" craze years ago, I took a picture of him and put on a stick. "Flat Doug" was in a bunch of pictures each day. It was a riot. Despite the 2 hour time difference and our late evenings, several of his parishioners literally waited up for my nightly post and daily chronicles on Facebook

View attachment 14657
Neat idea.... Made me smile too!!!!

Latest posts