• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a cool idea!

Flat Stanley! Brings back memories of me going around the farm taking farm pics with Flat Stanley for my grandkids. They were the hit of their class and chosen for top honors. They had Flat Stanley on a nest with baby chickens, with a baby goat, riding a pig, on a tractor... Just regular farm pics, but for a bunch of city kids it was da bomb, lol!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Taurid meteor shower started. Lots of local reports of a big one this morning at 6:30. Clouds have moved in for the overnight. Grrrr

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Got 1.4 inches of rain from the front that came through yesterday and it was chillier and very breezy today but the sun was out. Cooler than normal for the next few days from a dip in the jet stream....had a light frost but it hit some of the garden stuff. Neighbor had green beans flowering so he hit them with water before the sun hit them and they are okay....
We are actually getting some real "fall like" weather this year.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we had a hail and rain storm yesterday that was so hard the garage door would not come down to close for several minutes. by the time i could finally get it to close there was hail and water in the garage. i swept out what i could of the water and hail but the mess isn't fully cleaned up yet. now there is soggy cardboard and squash on the floor that will be needing cleaning up today. i guess i needed something completely different to do today for a bit... :)

forecast for more rain today.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One of my drakes is unwell so he is up on the patio living a life of luxury until he either heals or dies. Frankly I am not going to fork out for a vet bill when I have so many ducks. He is getting cared for better than I ever did in hospital! I assume the excess weight on this drake may have contributed to his current issues. I haven't even been feeding them, There is just so much in the garden for them at the moment. I know it wont last for much longer, the days are heating up.

There is a "little" farm up the road for sale cheap (800+ acres) completely off grid, solar power, inundated with fresh water, a river running through but not suitable for cropping. It is just the sort of project place I would love to get, on the verge of salinity unless someone puts the work in for it. I prayed about it and woke up in the morning barely able to move, so there was my answer on that! Haha. I haven't done much in the garden this week and I couldn't walk today so 800 acres is well out of my capabilities. Oh well, I still dream, and plan what I would do if I had that sort of place. This whole area is headed in the same direction with out of touch farmers just selling to huge overseas companies who dont care about the land at all. We are on the eve of harvest, and while I keep seeing complaints about lack of farm workers in the media, I have not seen any jobs advertised around here :hu

Since I am out of commission, probably for the weekend, I am about to finish a crochet project and start a Survivor (AU) binge on tv. I love that show. I havent been camping in years and boy do I miss it! The challenges look like so much fun. Not to mention the beautiful beaches. It will be warm enough to visit my swimming holes again soon, yay :)

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weather has been really nice about a week or so no and then, well, we get to have rain from Delta. Some is ok but, appears it will be drizzly for Sun, Mon, Tues. Let's just do and go, instead!

Tomorrow is our monthly goat auction. I have the railer sitting at loading gates. Will hook truck, call the boys, shake the feed can, open a gate and they will jump into the trailer as I toss the feed! It's a self-load detail. 😁 Off we will go. Only 9 miles, so easy ride. Got to have self control with a trailer there to take things home. :hide

I'm actually a little tired today. Up early, thank you screaming goats. Made a feed run, loaded & unloaded, Moved a few bales of hay to goat barn in prep for rains next couple day. Then chores, scrub and refill troughs, cut some grass. Prep, check & move the horse trailer. Worked outside all day, walked a lot, carried a lot.....just ready to close up and relax. Waiting for the chickens to go to roost will be tough today. Hurry! I want to close the coops. :old I could do with a hot tub soak! Real hot shower will have to suffice.