Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Will hook truck, call the boys, shake the feed can, open a gate and they will jump into the trailer as I toss the feed! It's a self-load detail. 😁

Thats handy! My girl goats used to be like that for the back of the wagon, rattle some feed and they followed me anywhere. Except when the day came to sell them. They would NOT get on the float and seriously embarrassed me in front of the buyer haha. We got them on eventually and the new owner said they settled well and were friendly in their new home.

Enjoy the shower by the time you get there! I just had my hot shower after I finished cleaning out the drakes cage and disinfecting the boys pond and shed. Im done for a couple hours now. Until it comes time to clean the rabbits pen!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did enjoy a long, HOT shower. Relaxing. Slept well.

Will load up in a couple hrs. While I would love good prices -- you know how auctions go. Whatever they bring is fine. I need "boys" outa here! Just a PITA with testicles....especially with rut in full swing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have a good day at the auction. That is entertainment at the finest! We are enjoying our 3 granddaughters, well, 2 of them. The 13 year old spent last night at a friends and will make the rounds and be back Sunday. Son is off for the weekend and came in last night. Monday we take them back, meeting DD halfway. Tuesday is an off day, Wednesday is DHs surgery.

Slept late this morning. 4year Old is watching cartoons, 5 year old still asleep, DH is snoring in his recliner, son still asleep. Coffee is good, going for second cup. Going to make hand pies today. Trace a hand, cut it out and use for a pattern. Cut hands out of pie crust dough, put jam in the palm and top with another hand. Should be fun! Yesterday we made pumpkin pie from the giant pink banana squash I grew. That was fun and delicious.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We are having a picnic with my college buddy and his wife in the local national park. I picked a section of trail I hope my wife can navigate. The fall leaves are in full swing. Hopefully I will get some good pictures

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Getting the wet from the Delta storm/hurricane. Today, Sun and into Monday....Had a friend help me with some remodeling in the kitchen of the new house .....it is looking really good. She is much more talented than me with carpentry stuff. She is making a new drawer for the cabinet that we took an "island type" thing off of that stuck out in the kitchen and I hated. Going to put a large butcher block counter top on it; made a the spot for the refridge bigger by taking out an added in sliding skinny pantry; someone had added this into the original fridge spot years ago and I didn't like it plus wanted room for a wider fridge.... had bought a smaller one to fit this spot and figured I would live with it for a few years.... other things needing doing more.... then she offered to help and had done several remodeling projects with her husband who died in a freak accident while jousting.... said she likes to do this sort of stuff....so we took some stuff apart and are redoing some and it is going to be great and done much sooner than I had thought.... VERY GRATEFUL and I learned alot too.

Need to make a trip to Lowe's for some stuff in the morning and then will do some touch up painting where we took things apart. Supposed to be really wet and steady rain all day tomorrow. Good day to do some of that, then will probably finish this up next weekend when she is back out here to her farm again.
All the hay got sq baled and put in Friday eve so rain is okay. Will get back into the hayfields after it stops to try to get finished up but still have quite a bit more to make. Got all that rain after the terribly hot summer and the fields have really grown. Not going to complain....it is nice to have "too much" hay as a cushion against a bad year or drought.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have a good day at the auction. That is entertainment at the finest!

I did and it is! 😁 Was enjoyable and raining a real good clip outside. Made this even more fun.

Prices were better than I would have paid. 🤔 But, thank you bidders! Good for the hay purchases coming up. I appreciate that.

Didn't buy anything. Waited for a buck to go thru that came in late & I didn't get to check out in the pens. Sounded promising. Wasn't what I had hoped for....young, Boer buck. Nice, just not to my specs. With only the one buck now, I can look harder and bring in another once "the stars align". :lol:

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The drake seems to have healed well enough to go back out with the other boys this afternoon. They were all so happy to be reunited. Ducks are such cute little things. I need to fence off some sections for the girls to eat down because right now they have free range and no focus, stuff is getting over grown again. I also want to plant some sunflowers and I know they eat the seedlings.

Just finished watering the garden, now time for a frothy coffee and then time to feed up and lock up.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
11 years ago, a different time, a lifetime ago. Very happy with my situation now. This picture was from the "trial run" summer that led to the next year of hundreds of jars being canned with two full freezers to boot

FB_IMG_1602416727324.jpg