Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good thing I didnt share the pic! (of the massive window spider, not the spider bite on the bum). The huge spider had moved to the back door to greet me this morning. It was gone when I got in from watering, hopefully not under the door...

Got three ant bites to add to the bite collection today, two on the ankle and one on the knee. I dont think they are bull ants, but they are bigger than the usual ants. Clever little things do their work in the cool of the morning too. I found holes in the sand all over the place from critters who had dug in to avoid the searing sun. Its not actually much hotter than usual but there is a new weather man on the tv who makes out that it is.

I let the rabbits out for a run this morning and the girl is being such a brat. Trying to chew my exercise mat, went to find scraps on the kitchen floor, dug at the bathroom mat and is probably currently in the dirty laundry pile on my bedroom floor making holes in my clothes... She needs the exercise, and is usually a very very good girl but they are in another moult right now so shes a furry little terror. I should go find her before much damage is done.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Finally, Friday....what a long week. Just a few hours until weekend. Have a great day

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of videos lately on YouTube from Liziqi. She lives in China. She show a lot of her traditional ways of doing things, though there is some modern mixed in. The food ones all have her making a lot of different dishes after growing and prepping the food. I've gotten ideas on stuff to try.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

it is a big undertaking, i'm not that young any more and couldn't possibly jump into that kind of situation, but i also think they were aiming pretty high for who they wanted to come in.

perhaps a coop of some kind could eventually do it.

if they were more local i'd have been happy to help out in some manner and perhaps to even combine resources eventually since i ultimately do want to support organic and sustainable growers along with wild land and animals having a place to be.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I had a couple jars of kombucha that I haven't touched in several months. (Bad Kim). I've been cleaning them out but the Scoby in each is extremely thick. I've had to cut 2 in half to remove them.

The other night I didn't feel like taking the full trash out to the can at 10pm. So I left the Scoby on a plate on the stove. Hubby freaked out and thought I left raw chicken breast out.

It does kind of look like chicken breast.
20210121_120355.jpg