Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
But see... I want the warmth! Which reminds me... I willnow force myself to trundle put to the greenhouse to shake my tomatoes and peppers.

It is so cloudy that I am thinking of taking a nap...

Yawn... but also,it is already 3pm...

Yawn...

Ok... trundling out in the rain (overcast turned into full on rain)

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well..... I watered everything in the greenhouse, and shook all the peppers and tomatoes.

I found 2 pepper plants loaded with aphids, so I sat myself down in the dirt, forced my bad eyes to focus... and squished them all.... oddly,I didn't see any aphids on the other plants... I need to remember to send out a kid to check for me... AKA human with better eye sight.

On the way to the greenhouse I found 3 hens out.... :rolleyes: there was a pig break out then break in last night (pigs put of their pen then into the chicken pen). Kids thought they had it all sorted...clearly they missed a few.

The ladies were anxious to get back in the pen... so not a problem.

And... thinking of loose chickens made me think of my broody... so when I got back into the house I sent a kid out with a flashlight to candle broody eggs and see how close they were to done.

Turns out they were fully done... 3 hatched.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Still drinking coffee. 2nd pot. I've been drinking coffee all day when the temps. are in the 90s.

I need to look for muscovy nests. I've found a lot so far this year. I know there are three, and only know where one is. I haven't had the chance to take the eggs yet, because she's always on the nest. She may be taking her breaks at night.

I could take the dog to sniff them out, but in this weather he doesn't like to go outside. He hardly likes to go outside anyway.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dish soap and water in a spray bottle for aphids. Spray and come back and wash it off in about 10 minutes.
Squishing works too.

I once had an invasion in the house.. rinsed the plants off in the sink, and squished.

Took a few times, but worked fine.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Still drinking coffee. 2nd pot. I've been drinking coffee all day when the temps. are in the 90s.

I need to look for muscovy nests. I've found a lot so far this year. I know there are three, and only know where one is. I haven't had the chance to take the eggs yet, because she's always on the nest. She may be taking her breaks at night.

I could take the dog to sniff them out, but in this weather he doesn't like to go outside. He hardly likes to go outside anyway.
With that kind of heat, you need something that will hydrate you, not dehydrate!

Take care of those kidneys. :old

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
With that kind of heat, you need something that will hydrate you, not dehydrate!

Take care of those kidneys. :old
I know that sounds bad. My coffee pot is actually a small pour over cone that I put over a perculator bottom, and just pour three or four times, so it's a small pot compared to the 10 cup glass Mr. Coffee pots.

I have been drinking a lot of water also. I'm actually tired of coffee. I was thinking yesterday about how nice it would be to have a cup of black tea instead.