Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ive had 6 toes pop up many times over the years but only on one foot. This is the first time a chick has had 6 on both feet.
20210722_142015.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, 5 is what is called for on the breeds with extra toes. Most breeds have 4.

Hiccup in the genes causes 6 toes, lobster claw, and double nails. I'm actually surprised at how well formed both feet are.

It's like how Jacob, Navajo-Churro, Hebridean sheep normally have 2 or 4 horns with the occasional 6 but sometimes they have even more. Manx Loaghtan are also multi horned and I saw a picture of one once with 8 horns. I know I missed a few breeds there.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't have my standard in front of me, but I think that any of the breeds with extra toes only calls for 5 toes... dorkings, faverolles, silkies, maybe a couple others... sultans and houdans maybe???? I could be wrong....
Oh right.... duh...

4, 5, 6...

Guess I forgot how to count :lol:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, 5 is what is called for on the breeds with extra toes. Most breeds have 4.

Hiccup in the genes causes 6 toes, lobster claw, and double nails. I'm actually surprised at how well formed both feet are.

It's like how Jacob, Navajo-Churro, Hebridean sheep normally have 2 or 4 horns with the occasional 6 but sometimes they have even more. Manx Loaghtan are also multi horned and I saw a picture of one once with 8 horns. I know I missed a few breeds there.
Oh wow

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. The heat is back, going to the high 90’s for awhile. August is approaching.
Yeah... stressful for me..

The panic of what has yet to be done, any second now winter will start to kick us in the teeth

Blasted cold refuses to let the tomatoes rippen or the peppers set

Just :barnie

Latest posts