Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Think I'll use this for my Christmas picture on Facebook come December. Had to get it done now while the hawthorns still have leaves. I like them as a backdrop.
20211003_164716.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You take some great photos!
Thank you.

Silkies actually make it much easier. They will stand still long enough to take a bunch of pictures that I can go through to find the better ones. Some of the best pictures have been when the bird got exasperated with me and tilted it's head just right to give me the evil eye.

I took about 300 this afternoon with the DSLR of the 3 silkies I posed there. I still need to go through them and find the very best. Different angles and played with exposure a bit. I snapped a few with the phone so I had some quick ones I could just post.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad I did it. I really am not a fan of camping, but it was great to sit around a morning fire, drink coffee, and get caught up. I have a standing invitation whenever they are in the area.

It's nice to know that after all these years after the nasty divorce that the ex's anger/accusations at me had now been re-directed at others. And now people realize the truth. Redemption.

The morning was chilly, and as I was walking back to the car, I was chuckling about the high percentage of folks in sweats, huddled up near the fire, trying to start the day. They looked miserable. Lol.
I can identify. My psycho sperm donor to my children told so many vicious lies about me that all of my inlaws dropped me and refused to speak to me except my sister in law. Same thing, ex directed his own brand of over the top crazy at his parents and they realized that all the things he said about me weren't true. He was spreading outlandish tales about THEM. They quit speaking and his father died without them ever speaking again. At the funeral, an uncle sidled up to me, with a glance towards my very grieving (putting on a show) ex, said, "If I'm not good enough for you to talk to me, don't come to my funeral."

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I can identify. My psycho sperm donor to my children told so many vicious lies about me that all of my inlaws dropped me and refused to speak to me except my sister in law. Same thing, ex directed his own brand of over the top crazy at his parents and they realized that all the things he said about me weren't true. He was spreading outlandish tales about THEM. They quit speaking and his father died without them ever speaking again. At the funeral, an uncle sidled up to me, with a glance towards my very grieving (putting on a show) ex, said, "If I'm not good enough for you to talk to me, don't come to my funeral."
It's really sad how much time and emotion get caught up in stupid stuff. Some people just thrive on the drama and the attention they get themselves.

The real losers...the kids. Not just the parent alienation thing, but seeing a parent being ridiculous hurts. Thankfully my kids are making up for lost time.

Latest posts