SSDreamin Blessings and curses

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We went and evicted the people today. I am so upset I'm sick to my stomach! Nobody was home, and everything went quick and smooth (although the place was completely trashed and smelled horrible)... but we found out something that flipped me right out. The court appointed lady went through some paperwork that was sitting on the counter. Apparently, the wife part of the husband and wife died on August 6th. She ODed, IN the house. :( This information was not relied to me until everything was out. At which time, I broke down crying and began babbling about being a horrible monster :/ There were TWO dogs in there - both not being taken care of, fed or groomed in any way - it was SO sad, because they were both very sweet. This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach :( :hit

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's not your fault. You did everything that you were supposed to.

Unfortunately, we cannot cure all of the evils in this world. People don't want help, nor do they want to admit that they need it. Now, take a deep breath, eat some chocolate, and try to relax. :hugs

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you are NOT an evil monster...
they had the oportunity to tel you what was going on ect...they didnt...
you did what you HAD to based on the information you had and what you neeed to do to move on to your life...

*HUGS

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That's terrible, but not your fault at all. :hugs

I agree, you did all you could do, you can't hold yourself responsible for the things other people do.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

The whole situation sounded terrible all the way through, so sorry that it ended badly as well. Definitely not your fault at all, please don't beat yourself up about the situation--they made their own decisions all the way through, including not paying you.

More :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
How were you to know? Everything happens for a reason...everything. Don't feel badly for things you had no control over. A life is gone, but what about the husband? Maybe this is what he needs to wake up? It's NOT in any way your fault, just pray for them, sometimes it's all we can do. :hugs

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the hugs and the comments.

I know in my heart that this situation contributed to her end. I also understand that it could've all been avoided if they had made better choices. I am a very emotional person, and tend to internalize everybody else's problems. My family likes to say that they never worry about their problems, because I worry enough for the both of us :rolleyes: My logical brain agrees with all of your comments but, as DH and I discussed last night, these people had already been through this before (which is why they knew how to 'play the game' while we were clueless - I blame myself for buying their sob-letter to put ourselves in this situation to begin with :/ ). DH also pointed out that, by the evidence we found (LOTS of empty beer bottles - in MI, they can be turned in for a deposit, other 'debris', and a bullet hole in the bedroom window - fired from the inside) these people had issues they were NOT dealing with, above and beyond the immediate situation with us.

Family(2 separate members of our family), trying to be 'helpful', have driven by the house since we left yesterday. Thankfully, it appears that somebody has picked up the dogs, and one of the trailers - the one containing a large amount of their personal effects. I am relieved that the dogs have been taken care of - DH was sick of me begging to bring them here and clean/shave(one had hair so matted there would be no other option)/de-flea them and take them for a vet visit :p Tonight, we have to go back and square things away - call to have any registered equipment/vehicles impounded and make sure nobody has broken into the house. :( DH made me practice shooting last night. A person who has lost everything, knows where you live (required for all court documents) and has nothing left to loose can be a danger and, even though DS is a crack shot, it is just he and I home.

Lets end this on an up note - DS#2 got a spike during the youth hunt this weekend. He was disappointed that it was only a spike, but I keep telling him that you don't eat the horns. It was a good thing he shot it - someone had put an arrow through its jaw and it looked like it might interfere with his ability to eat. Not surprising, as there has been an increase in poaching around here lately.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And, I've heard that the younguns are more tender and therefore better eating than a more mature buck.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
And, I've heard that the younguns are more tender and therefore better eating than a more mature buck.
DH says this one isn't a young one. It was an excellent cull, as it appears that was going to be the extent of its rack for life. Poor guy, probably tough to get a 'date' with antlers like that :p

Follow-up: DH went by the house. The guy had gotten rid of most of the stuff in the front yard, and quite a bit from the pole barn too. We decided to give him a few days to finish before we lock everything down tight. :hu

Latest posts