SSDreamin Blessings and curses

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
That is awesome, and I know how DS feels about the "other" family. My "other" family was not very tickled with my article, didn't say congratulations just they can't understand it. :/

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Hi Cindi! I'm still catching up with your journal, but I just had to tell you how excited I am about all you've got going on! Love your little greenhouse!

I'll check back in soon.

:hugs and Happy New Year!

Mike

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mike! I've missed you on here!! :hugs

I am only on for a few minutes, to give a quick update. Have lots of running around yet to do today. I filed for a dissolution of my business :( So I have to let the treasury office know, and close out my business account at the bank. Did I ever say I owned my own business? I did. A bridge painting company. Tired of dealing with it, as it has just been an added tax filing issue and - due to the economy - I've steadily lost money. Here in MI, you have to PAY to close down, plus jump through some hoops, so that is what I'm doing.

Pig girl escapes at LEAST once a day from the outside pen :somad DH has tried everything, including adding a whole extra panel fence and extra electric wire. Nothing is working on her. She takes the shock, and plows right through! Can't keep dealing with this, so she may end up in the freezer just because we have no other choice :(

Here are some pictures of our recent project:

This is the living room, in the midst of being torn apart. Sorry, I always seem to forget to take proper 'before' pictures. Notice the dog? He's such a goof!

3767_living_room_part_1.jpg

This is where we're at with it now. Kitty decided to be in this one - in her favorite place, by the stove! We still have all the trim to do, ceiling fan/lights to install and the bookshelves/wood storage to build, but it's MUCH more livable now. We had soooooo many issues. I honestly think we are magnets for buying houses built by morons! DH had to fix a bunch of issues before we could even begin to put up drywall. Then, he had a problem with the ceiling - ended up painting it 3 different times before I told him "Please stop! It's good enough for me, so leave it be!" :lol:

3767_living_room_pt_2.jpg

Plus NO MORE CARPET!! :ya

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! DH points out that I con him into this stuff with every house we buy - but he does such amazing work, and I have such great 'vision' for what things COULD be :p No Deb, by the time everything is done (he's in the kitchen, ripping down the ceiling as I type :celebrate ), he will (hopefully) be back to work, so no trips to NJ this year to help a friend, sorry.

We had my in-laws over for New Years Eve this year. MIL hadn't seen the work so far, and was blown away. Silly woman - she should know by now that her son is an AMAZING...well, I was gonna say carpenter, but he's just all-around amazing :love DH and I started a tradition when we first married, of playing card/board games and eating weird snack foods on New Years Eve instead of going out. DS#2 loves the tradition, especially these days since DH is out of town working most of the year. The in-laws did get a glimpse of how badly I am treated and ganged up on! My father-in-law, at one point, turned to my husband and told him to shut up :ep He said he was surprised I willingly went along with this tradition, as much as they pick on me! I told him it's just because I win all the time and they are jealous :p Well, I stunk at Kings in the Corner - came in last. Once again, I kicked butt at Trivial Pursuit (I am a wealth of useless knowledge, what can I say?!). Lost at Clue, but I won the game of Life, even though I had a van full of kids! :lol: We ate all sorts of stuff - the usual chips, sliced cheese, etc. This year, for unusual, I made a buttermilk ranch cheeseball, bacon wrapped little smokies coated in brown sugar glaze (they looked nasty, but tasted delicious!), and for a sweet snack, leftover mini cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, mini pecan pie muffins and gingerbread cheesecake bites. I really like the mini muffin pans DH got me - I think we eat less sweets overall.

Oh, also, the Waltons lied. I went out to hang out and visit with Ice Cream and Ferdinand at midnight on Christmas eve this year, but neither of them talked to me. Probably for the best anyway. Ice Cream would've just rattled off a list of complaints, and wouldn't have let Ferdinand get a word in edgewise anyway! :lol:

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Once again, I kicked butt at Trivial Pursuit (I am a wealth of useless knowledge, what can I say?!).
I can so relate... Not to blow my own horn (but I guess I am), I can't get anyone who knows me to play Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble with me. I guess I grew up with too much time on my hands, because I always had my nose in a book (or two).

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
SSDreamin said:
Once again, I kicked butt at Trivial Pursuit (I am a wealth of useless knowledge, what can I say?!).
I can so relate... Not to blow my own horn (but I guess I am), I can't get anyone who knows me to play Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble with me. I guess I grew up with too much time on my hands, because I always had my nose in a book (or two).
And chess, and even poker...I feel your pain too :lol: