Stabila Rotating Laser Worth

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey everyone. My dad gave this to me shortly before dying. He built staircases, so used this on some jobs. He wanted to show me how to use it but never got around to it. I honestly don't see myself really utilizing it as the most construction I do is shelving or small furniture (table, chairs, ...) and this is obviously better for actually building rooms and stairs.

I would rather it gets into the hands of someone that could use it but don't know a fair price. I'm fine giving someone a deal at $150 if I should have charged $250, but I know brand new these units can run pretty expensive.

Anyone got any thoughts on a price point? LMR is the type. I think the model # is 15091. It is not self leveling

Alternatively, if you think I should keep it make your case :). I know I'm going to want to build a shed next summer.

20201206_110613.jpg

Last edited:

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't know anything about it. assume it's a lasar level? Keep it until after you've built your shed. Then sell it. You could download a user's manual I would think.

Oh it's fairly easily to use, but as with any tool there's tricks and lessons to learn and that's what I never got to learn from him.

There is a remote receiver that I haven't bothered to figure out yet

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dunno about prices, but as long as you aren't doing a lot of building like for a small area you can use a very simple gadget called a water level to do the shed. all it is is a container with some water in it and a small tube (aquarium air line is good enough for this) long enough to go to all four corners. mark the same level on your posts or whatever in the corners and you've got it done.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dunno about prices, but as long as you aren't doing a lot of building like for a small area you can use a very simple gadget called a water level to do the shed. all it is is a container with some water in it and a small tube (aquarium air line is good enough for this) long enough to go to all four corners. mark the same level on your posts or whatever in the corners and you've got it done.
Yeah, I've seen those used before. So simple but very easy to forget that it's a functional thing :). Science!!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Water level