STAG arm lowers SUCK!!!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just a rant for those who build. This might help. I have built a few AR15 platforms in my day. I've tried a lot of different lowers and mixed them with a lot of different uppers too. NO PROB. Bushmaster with Double Star, Model 1 with DPMS and so on. Today I finished a STAG lower and can't match this guy up with any of my uppers. ARGHH!!! Everything is correct and all is fine from what I see. The problem is the back. Trying to get past the buffer tube and action spring. The bolts just don't make it. I've tried everything. Thought it might be the stocks but they're set right where they need to be. I did get it to fit a DPMS upper but man did I have to work it. Bottom line is STAG lowers suck to match up with other brands. Time to get another lower I guess. ARGH!!!

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but gotta admire your determination. Good luck on that project!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
so lucky said:
I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but gotta admire your determination. Good luck on that project!
Same here! :lol:

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
The scary part is that I do! LOL

Bummer on the challenge. Someday the other half is going to have an M4 built for me that will be a bit smaller and lighter with a good recoil buffer in it and he's gonna duracoat it purple :D Cause he can! :p

I love his M4, I shoot it VERY well, his is a Bushmaster with a Spikes lower on it (I think). Course, having a red dot on the top helps tremendously with the whole aiming thing :p

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
The scary part is that I do! LOL

Bummer on the challenge. Someday the other half is going to have an M4 built for me that will be a bit smaller and lighter with a good recoil buffer in it and he's gonna duracoat it purple :D Cause he can! :p

I love his M4, I shoot it VERY well, his is a Bushmaster with a Spikes lower on it (I think). Course, having a red dot on the top helps tremendously with the whole aiming thing :p
I put an eo-tech on this one. Really the whole reason I built this one was because I had an extra eo-tech laying around. Then I bought the lower, the parts kits and so and so on. They're like legos to me. This prob just ticks me. I hate having 300.00 wrapped up into something I know I won't use. I'm leaning towards just trading this lower off. Maybe sink the mulha into a Remington nylon 10 I have my eyes on. Thanks and good luck with your M4 project too. :thumbsup

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So of course I had to read this to the other half and he says you might have a lower with a commercial tube and a mil-spec upper. He says odds are that the tube on the lower is out of spec and that is what is causing the problem.

I'm sure you could trade it or sell it and get the right one.

He said if you want to play around Joe Bob Outfitters sells a completely composite lower for made by Plum Crazy for only about $119.00. He did say he wouldn't go to war with it but as a fun project it might be alright.

He loves his M4, too, LOL.

(And I was wrong - his is completely Bushmaster. He intends to put a Spikes lower on mine because it is lighter)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think she is right...or that is to say her DH is right. Milspec and commercial often are NOT the same.
Had no idea you played with "erector sets" of such a fine piece of equipment.
Trim sends
//BT//

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried it on both type. No go. I thought the samething when I went through all the troubleshoot list. I'm leaning towards a bad reciever or a reciever made just for a Stag upper. I have a friend who has a Stag. I am going to try it on his upper and see if it is for sure. Thank you all for the input

Trim me likey toys :) I was very much so ready for the Rangers in my time. :) Thank you Jeff Zimba from Small Arms Review. He got me my first AK when I was in high school. Man he taught me a ton. If I wasn't in school I was at his shop field stripping and cleaning every type of weapon I could. He had the good stuff too. :thumbsup

Picture of my projects. The Stag is the upper one. I plan on putting the Predator stock on the Bushmaster below. :) I like my toys!!

1289_ar_lot.jpg