Still can not find darn washing soda!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PotterWatch how much do you pay for that stuff in quantity? It was already out of season when I started looking for it, so I haven't been able to price it locally yet. The best price I found it online was about $7 a pound (for any quantity that I would even consider paying shipping for) plus a few dollars for shipping. So not very cost effective.

I know in swimming season, you can buy pool chemicals at walmart, hardware stores, etc.

Cassandra

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
PotterWatch how much do you pay for that stuff in quantity? It was already out of season when I started looking for it, so I haven't been able to price it locally yet. The best price I found it online was about $7 a pound (for any quantity that I would even consider paying shipping for) plus a few dollars for shipping. So not very cost effective.

I know in swimming season, you can buy pool chemicals at walmart, hardware stores, etc.

Cassandra
The container I got is 5lbs and I think I paid about $6 or $7 for it, but it's been a while so I could be off on that.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me.

Most stores do have a yellow box of Arm & Hammer but in small print it says Laundry Detergent...so i know that is not it. I found a pic somewhere so I think I know what I am looking for.

I did look in the pool section of my home depot but I realized that I was only looking for the Arm & Hammer box and I probably wouldn't find it like that! Now at least I know what to ask for.

Cassandra, let me know how your experimental batch turns out!

patriotickid

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Dace,

I purchased Arm & Hammer super washing soda at drugstore.com yesterday. AND if you spend more than $25. shipping if free. Also, remember no tax.
Good Luck!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
patriotickid said:
Dace,

I purchased Arm & Hammer super washing soda at drugstore.com yesterday. AND if you spend more than $25. shipping if free. Also, remember no tax.
Good Luck!!!
Welcome Patriotickid! Nice to have you join us :)

So hw much did you pay for it? Just wondering if it is worth it to buy online...even with free shipping.

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Do you have the Kroger chain in your area? I was finally able to find it recently, right across the aisle from the Naptha soap, which I had also been unable to find.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I have requested items at our grocery by filling out one of their request forms. A wait, but I got it.

Carolyn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oxyclean or we use Sun is made out of washing soda and the dry chemical combination of washing soda and hydrogen perioxide. My daughter read that we could use Oxyclean or equivilent so I googled it and found this info. We use borax, Sun and our own homemade goats milk soap. Carolyn