Still Edible -- Update

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sounds like your turkey will be great. The foil tent over the top is a great way for the turkey to self baste. As the liquid evaporates it collects at top of foil and drips back onto the bird. If that makes sense.

You may want to wait until the bird is out of the pan and resting to add the flour slurry. If your just dump flour in the pan it will probably be lumpy. I usually drain pan juices suck some extra fat off the top then whisk in your flour slurry. Which is just a couple Tbsp flour with some water. Then add it to the pan drippings. If you don't have enough pan juice mix up some bouillon or add a can of broth. Re season the whole mess bring to a simmer and you'll be good to go.

I hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice. :D

By the way I always pick up as many turkeys as I can find after the holidays. They usually end up in the deep freezer for at least a year. If not longer.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Have fun with your turkey, pray you do not get sick from eating that old thing! (I think its safe to say that because your probably already eating it)

Honestly though, we have stuff from the 90's in our freezer that we still snack on.. :hide

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't mind advice at all. The initial plan was to leave the tent off during the last hour but I'm just going to leave it off until it gets the color I want and then put the tent back on it. I'm hoping to post pics when all is said and cooked.