Still More Freaky Weather

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Well, when all those things some of you folked mentioned happened way back when, the world was a very different.We now live in a completley different situation.We have goverments trying to control the weather(China, to make it rain in droughts).The worse industrial pollution the world has ever seen(china & india).These and other factors have all conspired to create the likes of what mankind has never seen.These are the facts of our times, they are effecting food crops now.Comparing whats happening now to, weather event history is of no importance, that was yesteryear.Of course i expect that some others here, don't see it that way, so what else is new around here....lol It can be debated and disscussed until the cows come home.My SS belief's are to prepare as fast as possible.IMO, this is a discussion of changing weather patterns and how SS'er should take that into account.I find it kinda interesting that some have used words like freaking out, panicing or obessing about the weather, when referring to my thread.I don't see anyone expressing those things here in this thread, certainly not myself.This is just a discussion about the topic.Some will agree and some won't...:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
A forest fire can create its own weather patterns. Humans have done worse things than that. An H-bomb exploded in the ozone layer purposely, to create a tear, just to see what would happen....not a natural part of this world. And rather than healing itself, it is still there. Etc. The gift of this planet has been horribly mismanaged.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saw a thing on the idiot box just yesterday that an international consortium of meteorologists has issued a statement that we should get used to the "new" weather extremes and we should expect more weather changes in the next 100 years.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Reading a MSNBC article this morning,Stanford University scientist are saying "Get use to this abnornally hot weather,within 50 yrs it will be permanent" This will likely bring more droughts, making it harder to grow our own food and stock our pantries yearly. Unless your blessed with a limitless source of irrigating/livestock water.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
What exactly is there that's weather-specific to discuss?

I mean, how would whatever discussion you keep trying to get going look any different than SS type discussions in general or vis-a-vis other problems (food shortages, civil strife, transportation breakdown, individual natural disasters e.g. hurricanes, etc?)

I used the word "obsessing" because you keep on bringing this up repeatedly.

Yet I am really not getting how it's different than any of the discussions we're already having and have had??

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
come on, truly, weather extremes have been happening for say, a million years on this planet lol

you are living this pattern, but 200 years before the exact same stuff was being chatted about....weather extremes, prices, world is going to heck in a handbasket.

to me personally it is nothing new. what is new is the extent/or acceleration of pollution etc. growing so fast we can't keep up and then the problems start...and yes, 'they' (the old timers) had this problem also LOL

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
What exactly is there that's weather-specific to discuss?

I mean, how would whatever discussion you keep trying to get going look any different than SS type discussions in general or vis-a-vis other problems (food shortages, civil strife, transportation breakdown, individual natural disasters e.g. hurricanes, etc?)

I used the word "obsessing" because you keep on bringing this up repeatedly.

Yet I am really not getting how it's different than any of the discussions we're already having and have had??

Pat
I curious, why does KevsFarm's desire to discuss the weather bother you so much? Isn't this a discussion board?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me at all, it just PUZZLES me completely.

I am still trying real hard to find out what kind of discussion is being SOUGHT.

Pat

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sadly, I hesitated to agree with Kevsfarm here, not feeling like getting jumped on and ridiculed. For some reason, weather is a touchy subject here. That is very strange to me.

I sense a lockdown coming......can we please try to avoid that?

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
This discssion has come up recently.Some have dismissed the weird weather patterns lately, as just normal cycles. IMO, i don't think so, i think it's related to global warming.After the worst floods and super tornados in anyones recent memory, now it's August heat waves, in early June...Severe drought and fire is raising havoc in the southwest, with huge wheat crop losses.What if anything different, are SS folks here doing to adjust to these extreme weather patterns.Grain prices are still rising, at the chicken farm i work at, feed is rising almost every week.The ecomony is bad enough, we don't need grain and livestock prices to keep rising.I'm still growing my stash of long term stuff as i can afford it.I do believe freaky weather is here to stay and will grow worse, and i don't expect grains and feed prices will go down.What will folks do..?
I believe this is KevsFarm's question.... not if you believe in "global warming" or "global climate change".

Personally, I'm not doing anything "different", just keepin' on keepin' on with striving to reach my SS goals.

Latest posts