milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. Having something crawling on your arm, or worse, on your neck is ... (Hm, I can't even come up with a properly yucky expression!) :eek:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I hate stink bugs! They are my arch enemy. Spray them with Palmolive Green Original squirted up in water. They die almost instantly. Must be Palmolive orginal though if they don't die almost instantly add more Palmolive to the water.

I had them in my summer garden early in the year - I declared all out war and won but it was a fight I'll tell you.

Also this Palmolive water mix works for wasps, aphids, squash bugs and lots of other insects also. Spray in the evening after the honey bees have left though.

Will Dawn work? Usually folks use Dawn for insects and it works a charm. I don't have a problem with them in the garden....they are all over the window screens, inside and out, in my room at night, flying through the air and onto me, and in our pantry/mud room, in our storage shed, in the cabin, etc.

Spectracide nor Raid will kill them, nor deter them. I'll mix me up a bottle of the soap and see if that will help. I'd rather be spraying that around than the other and it's much cheaper. Thanks!!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just remember it has to be Palmolive Original. Palmolive has all kinds of different kinds. Which my DW has picked up by accident and they don't work at all. It's something with the original formula that works again i suspect it's both the Palm and Olive oils mixed in the original formula that's the killer. But I'm no chemist so I can only guess.

I also wanted to mention just a dab of Palmolive Original also works as a non-toxic subsitute to fix squeaky door hinges and it's also great as a lube to sharpen knives, axes, shovels, etc... I have a bottle in my wood shop also it's great for lubing up screws to make them easier to drive into hard wood. When it dries it even gets more slick like grease.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use Palmolive original. it's about the ONLY dishwashing soap I can use. I have pretty severe chemical problems and am very limited to what I can use. Just a whiff of Dawn makes me feel like thousands of needles are sticking in my face, tongue and throat.

Simmer crushed garlic and hot peppers, strain, add Palmolive and water for a double whammy.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm going to have to see if I can find Palmolive Original here :fl