Stock from OLD turkey carcass

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
HELLLLLPPP!!! :gig

I just found the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving that I was saving to make soup stock from. I just crammed it into a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer.

Think it is still OK to use or should I toss it?

Thanks so much!

Tom

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Unless you've done something odd with it (like left it lying out for eight hours after t'giving dinner *before* cooling/freezing it), or the Thanksgiving you refer to was a number of years ago, then certainly of course you can use it :)

Pat

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
What pat said. I have a "stock bag" in the freezer that I toss odds and ends in to. Takes months for me to fill and actually use it.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Unless you've done something odd with it (like left it lying out for eight hours after t'giving dinner *before* cooling/freezing it), or the Thanksgiving you refer to was a number of years ago, then certainly of course you can use it :)

Pat
:lol:

Good points! You DO know me well enough to ask those questions, huh? :gig

Thanks Pat and WZ!

Now, gotta decide if I want to just throw the veggies in with it from the get-go or just boil it down... Decisions, decisions!

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
navajo001 said:
patandchickens said:

Pat
:lol:

Good points! You DO know me well enough to ask those questions, huh? :gig

Thanks Pat and WZ!

Now, gotta decide if I want to just throw the veggies in with it from the get-go or just boil it down... Decisions, decisions!
I usually roast the carcass for awhile with the veggies and then throw everything in the stock pot or steam juicer to cook. Then I can the stock.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Very good recommendations, BUT, as always, I was rushed and just dumped it in a big pot of water to simmer when I had to go pick up my DD.

Will use this tip next time though!

Thanks!