Stock up alert!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
truly rotating is key

I always find a few 'missed' items with way expired dates or questionable things I canned :lol:

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
I basically shop once a month, when my money comes in. Yes, I clean off the shelves for canned fruit, no-sugar added, because my kid eats at least one can a day, sometimes two, all by himself. It's one of his autism things, and whoa is me when I run out. So would I be condemned for taking 60 cans of his favorite canned fruit on the 3rd of the month?

BTW, better on target, last year around this time, baking potatoes were at a great price. I found one 10-pound-bag for only a dollar, but didn't see that at any store this year. Really bummed about that, because homemade potato skins is another food my kid MUST have.

And I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm allergic to a chemical in almost all cleaning products. So when I found my special brand of shampoo at the dollar store, you bet your sweet bippy I grabbed all I could. A dollar a bottle compared to $3.25 at wally. Really saved me money.

Now, if only I could get my raised-garden-bed wood on sale! Occasionally I find some in the .50 bin but that's really rare. Anybody have a good coupon for Home Depot?!?!
Home Depot takes the Lowes Hardware stores coupons. :pop

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If anyone else is in Alabama-it is time for PEACHES around here! I'm in the middle of putting away a giant haul of Chilton County peaches tonight, because they're $0.94/lb today!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I NEEEEEEEEEEED some fresh peaches! :drool Thanks for the reminder OT!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
If anyone else is in Alabama-it is time for PEACHES around here! I'm in the middle of putting away a giant haul of Chilton County peaches tonight, because they're $0.94/lb today!
I know little about southern peaches, I grew up on a fruit farm in western NY. The early peaches should be ready this week and usually command a high price. different varaties will pretty much fill out the summer for fresh peaches But come september the late peach "Alberta" finally ripens and the price will fall like a rock! the reason? these are the peaches best liked by the commercial canners and even freezers they are very firm even while ripe. The wear and tare of canning (heat treatment) or freezing (ice crystals) soffen the fruit a lot but they don't go to mush like other peaches usually do. Not much for eating "out of hand" but a great cooking peach.