Stock up alert!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it is obvious there are people who will never stock to a certain degree on the same items :plbb

I never gawk at a full buggy in a store. I figure people are like me, couponing and getting deals, or they have a BIG family. Or they are the type that shops 1 time per month.

I love rainchecks. I get them all the time also if needed.

And stores are limiting and changing coupon strategies. No problem. I work around them.

One shopping trip I knew I could only get there once wiht a limit of 4 coupons per item. I took hubby and kiddo. Gave them each 4 coupons for checkout. I got 12 bottles of extra virgin olive oil for darn near free. Funny watching a 6 yr old checkout. she had a blast 'doing her first checkout alone' and paying and all that. hey, she learned and I got my items.
I only do this on a major item I want. We go thru alot of olive oil for sautee etc.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I never gawk at a full buggy in a store. I figure people are like me, couponing and getting deals, or they have a BIG family. Or they are the type that shops 1 time per month.
....Or they are buying them to resell to try to make a buck...

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
it is obvious there are people who will never stock to a certain degree on the same items :plbb

I love rainchecks. I get them all the time also if needed.

And stores are limiting and changing coupon strategies. No problem. I work around them.

One shopping trip I knew I could only get there once wiht a limit of 4 coupons per item. I took hubby and kiddo. Gave them each 4 coupons for checkout. I got 12 bottles of extra virgin olive oil for darn near free. Funny watching a 6 yr old checkout. she had a blast 'doing her first checkout alone' and paying and all that. hey, she learned and I got my items.
I only do this on a major item I want. We go thru alot of olive oil for sautee etc.
i do the same but i just go into the store the following day and buy another limit of the item. i dont sell this crap..i use it or donate it....we have on a daily basis 5 people in my house. when the husbands kids come add naother 3. i think complainers are just jealous, we are getting the deals and we have the knowledge to get the deals. who could possibly want to pay full price when you dont have to?some rainchecks expire so watch out. i know bilo rainchecks never expire but publix rainchecks expire in a month. but i think you said you shop at ht sothat raincheck info might be a mute point for you.

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I do have to say that the "reality" shows, (and I know that this is not a news flash) aren't really reality. My daughters best friend was just on one of the more popular couponing shows a couple of months ago. All of the sales and specials are predetermined. The grocery store that they went to is independantly owned so they are able to make any coupon rules they want to. They adjust the prices so that in the end, the shopper uses the coupons on the pre-determined, special priced items and that is how they end up with cart after cart after cart for $25.00 or whatever their goal is. The production company also creates a story line to go along with the show. A quarrel between husband and wife, etc. Now in reality, my daughters friend does really well with coupons and has what I would call an excessive stockpile to begin with. But normally does not do what was shown on the tv show.

I sure hope I didn't ruin some things for those who love reality tv. Just keeping it real!! :cool:

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
stubbornhillfarm said:
I do have to say that the "reality" shows, (and I know that this is not a news flash) aren't really reality. My daughters best friend was just on one of the more popular couponing shows a couple of months ago. All of the sales and specials are predetermined. The grocery store that they went to is independantly owned so they are able to make any coupon rules they want to. They adjust the prices so that in the end, the shopper uses the coupons on the pre-determined, special priced items and that is how they end up with cart after cart after cart for $25.00 or whatever their goal is. The production company also creates a story line to go along with the show. A quarrel between husband and wife, etc. Now in reality, my daughters friend does really well with coupons and has what I would call an excessive stockpile to begin with. But normally does not do what was shown on the tv show.

I sure hope I didn't ruin some things for those who love reality tv. Just keeping it real!! :cool:
yes reality shows arent quite reality...just a show that shows and tells people what they want to see and hear. However some people can do it to that extent. I tried to enter a coupon contest once and thought that my 90% savings was pretty good then the contest ended and the results were posted. I lost. The person who did win had 104% savings. I have had stores (mainly harris teeter) push the total button and the amount was negative so they ended up giving me money for buying the items. That was years ago before those shows. That was also when i was much younger and didnt realize the limited space i have in my house. After 103 cans of veggies i gave up and didnt start again till about 4 years later. It is very time consuming.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sale items. why in the heck don't stores bring in more product tho. drives me nutso. I have been beaten at the store. I just kinda say to myself, ah, darn, someone was 'just a tad faster than me'---but I tell you, when it is something that is practically free when I use my coupons...I am first at the store. It is most times the product that drives me how fast and quantity I am going to nab.

My savings have been HUGE. And I mean huge. I have slashed (mostly 60% off each trip) but have hit 70-75% a few times. Then the odd few trips that were $0. Free. Oh man I love those...heehee

But limitations from the stores cramp couponers mostly. so you work as well as you can within the system.

but anyone notice the 'good coupons' are becoming less and less. and lower....like things that were .75 off are now .25 and buy 2. UGH

I like the combat with stores. I enjoy it also. Not overboard, but it is a form of entertainment while saving cash.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I used to work in a chain paint store. And, we were at the mercy of the parent company. They would advertise a sale. The trucks would come in and we'd get NONE of the sale item. Instead, it had all been back ordered. So, it may not be the fault of the store that they don't have enough of an item.

Around here in many stores, you can no longer get a rain check. You're limited to what's in stock.