Stocking up?? How is everyone?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Butter at Sam's was $2.49/lb. At Safeway it was $2.99.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
They just delivered 150 gallons of off road diesel fuel for my tractor and RTV. Since it took them almost 2 weeks to get it here, they let me have it at what is cost 2 weeks ago! :ya

So ya, I stocked up!!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
They just delivered 150 gallons of off road diesel fuel for my tractor and RTV. Since it took them almost 2 weeks to get it here, they let me have it at what is cost 2 weeks ago! :ya

So ya, I stocked up!!
Sweet! It was probably worth the two week wait, for sure. :)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Different beans, rice, lentils, dried milk, sugar, baking soda, vinegar, chlorine tablets, matches, candles, more stuff, and a full freezer. Not enough to last years, but enough to last quite a while. I'm focusing now on dehydrating (was just thinking about dehydrating spuds when you brought that up!). Thanks too, for posting links on how to make your own - it's too humid here to bother trying to use a solar DIY style, and cranking on the oven + cracking the door during the summer? Naaaa. But the light bulb one, put out in the shop, might do the trick.

I guess I worry more about not having electricity if SHTF. Then no freezer. Freezing food stuff is so much easier than canning, but it's back to canning more for me. I didn't have much luck with dehydrating tomatoes. Yeck.

You know, I'm not really going to feel comfortable until we get a short wave radio and a hand pump for the well.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Water is a big issue where I am. We only get about 17" of rain a year. I am shopping for some rain barrels right now even though they are technically illegal. Yes...rain barrels are a no no. Can you believe that???

I'm doing it anyway. I'm a rebel. You can't stop me :D

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Water is a big issue where I am. We only get about 17" of rain a year. I am shopping for some rain barrels right now even though they are technically illegal. Yes...rain barrels are a no no. Can you believe that???

Rain barrels are illegal in CO??? Or just the neighborhood you live in?

BTW, got butter yesterday for $2/lb at the local chain store...unfortunately, there's a limit of 2 packages/day, but the sale does go on til 3/22. :)

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Wifezilla said:

Rain barrels are illegal in CO??? Or just the neighborhood you live in?

BTW, got butter yesterday for $2/lb at the local chain store...unfortunately, there's a limit of 2 packages/day, but the sale does go on til 3/22. :)
Our county extension office has rain barrel making workshops at least quarterly! (I need to go.....)
When there is a limit of how many you can get per day, just take someone with you ;)

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

That is craaaazy. Wonder if they're trying to keep the underground water level from dropping or what. Are you in an extended drought or is that pretty standard for your area (avg rainfall, I mean)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Wifezilla said:

That is craaaazy. Wonder if they're trying to keep the underground water level from dropping or what. Are you in an extended drought or is that pretty standard for your area (avg rainfall, I mean)
Now that is crazy... Here in Tucson, anyone can dig a well, or have any kind of water collection on their property, and for sure we in constant "draught" conditions. In fact our water company will come and help you see where you can conserve water. And they give rebates for water collection, and grey water systems.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:

WZ, I see where they passed new laws to allow for rain water collection, IF you're a resident with a private well. So, maybe there's hope that politicians might be wising up. Ok that was a silly idea, but maybe the laws will change in you favor anyway.