Stove Top Dehydrating Pan

liz stevens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for any information on a stove top drying pan that was once commercially marketed. It is a double layer pan with a water reservoir in between the layers. It is used on wood stoves and gas stoves to dry foods. The Amish still use them, evidently they work extremely well on making and drying noodles. They are also reportedly better in keeping the nutrients in the food since the drying process is much quicker than a rack of oven.

We have a new Stainless model being made for us to try out, and will likely add to our products if it is this good. We like to test these types of products before we add them to our store.

I can't find anything on the Internet, even the existence of an antique one, so it may of been just a regional product sold around Northern Indiana.

We love to find this type of item, and like many of our other products, we are the only one that feature these types of functional items on the Internet.

We are excited to give it a try and will keep ever one posted. With the water in between it seems that it would be hard to scorch food so we have a long list of ideas to try on it.

5042_502697929748940_230405992_n.jpg

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I remember reading (decades ago!) about this in a Rodale Press publication. I think it was called a Bumblebee dehydrator (because, like a bumblebee, it doesn't look like it should be able to do what it does :lol:), but a google search just now did not give me any appropriate responses.
Good luck with your efforts!