Strawberries - permie/companion planting

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would avoid planting hops too close to where you walk or work. There are hops growing near the porch for our side door (the door we use the most for coming and going) and the stems and leaves seem to be sticky or have tiny hairs that make them stick to the dogs. All summer long, my english setter comes into the house with pieces of hop plants stuck in his fur.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reading this and thinking I'd like a handful of tasty, fresh strawberries about now! Then remembered I had gotten some pkgs of strawberry seeds at habitat. Looked and they are Alpine :D. Nice accident. Sounds like I am in for a treat this summer. It's amazing what sometimes you luck into.

Since I have a tiny list of seed that I "think" I need, I will grab the containers of various seed sitting around and look before I buy. Been meaning to do but, we all know how things go. :old. Today will work.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Reading this and thinking I'd like a handful of tasty, fresh strawberries about now! Then remembered I had gotten some pkgs of strawberry seeds at habitat. Looked and they are Alpine :D. Nice accident. Sounds like I am in for a treat this summer. It's amazing what sometimes you luck into.

Since I have a tiny list of seed that I "think" I need, I will grab the containers of various seed sitting around and look before I buy. Been meaning to do but, we all know how things go. :old. Today will work.

i hope they are still viable. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well for 10 cent, doesn't matter but, just last yr seed so I'm thinking ok. I did get seeds organized and do need corn seed...so I will order those. :) All else, full to gills. Now some are new, some older. If old germinates less but, some, I'm good! No pressure. I mean if trashed none will grow. If started, some might. It's just me. Many are mylar packed, they last for year's.