Stupid Thieves!!!!!!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband just went to leave for work and noticed that someone had been in his truck. They stole his iPod which was laying on the seat, plus a ton of change. He also had some old paperwork that had belonged to his deceased father, military papers and such, that he was planning on doing something with that was in a folder on the seat. Gone. The thief also got about $10 in change out of my car. Thankfully they didn't take my husband's tool box out of his truck or our radio/CD players, and nothing appears to be missing from our motorhome or the shed.

Could have been much worse I know, but still. iPods don't grow on trees and his dad's papers are irreplaceable. I guess I'm more upset that someone would step foot on our property uninvited. Can't wait to move out to our cabin.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That sucks. When I lived in Chicago, I had thieves steal my car stereo and a bunch of CDs. Which I didn't understand because there were no cases, so I'm not sure what they thought they could do with them. Of course, these were very thoughtful thieves who just jimmied the window open instead of smashing it completely.

I'm not sure what kind of area you live in, but in my parents' suburban, upper middle class neighborhood, they have had a lot of trouble with car breakins. Now anyone who doesn't park in a garage makes sure anything that seems valuable is out of sight in the car.

But like I said before, that sucks. :(

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Really, we're lucky this hasn't happened before now. We live inside the city limits, not a huge city, but big enough. Our neighborhood is like a little oasis - huge 100 year old oak trees, lots of wildlife, nice neighbors (mostly). But our road backs up to a huge subsidized apartment complex that was built about 10 years ago, and across the street at the other end is another govt.-owned apartment complex, what we call "projects", so we have plenty of undesirables cutting through our neighborhood on foot all day and night. Everyone here has a fenced yard and dogs. Unfortunately, our fence doesn't extend to include our driveway and parking area.

One funny moment this morning though. A few months ago my girlfriend was cleaning out her car and found a plastic tub will dentures under her seat. hahaha! Full set, uppers and lowers. We had a good laugh and think we know who put them there, but he won't fess up. Well, this morning, my husband found the dentures under his seat. I had to explain the whole story. He took them to work, so I'm sure he's going to pass them along to an unsuspecting co-worker. The container the dentures are in looks like it might have been jail-issue. Makes it even funnier.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, I am so sorry that has happened to you. What a terrible feeling...to be violated. Seems it is getting more and more common for these things to happen...Like you, I hate a thief!!!!!

mszekely

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Actually I don't think anywhere is safe. We live out in the country, and things get stolen out here too. Drug addicts can be found everywhere, and they seem to be the main "country" thieves.
:(

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:rant won't say what I think about thieves! Sorry it happened to ya'll :hugs

:lol: passing the dentures is funny !

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mszekely said:
Actually I don't think anywhere is safe. We live out in the country, and things get stolen out here too. Drug addicts can be found everywhere, and they seem to be the main "country" thieves.
:(
*sigh* You're right. We've smelled meth fumes at the cabin a few times... well, we're assuming that's what it is. Kind of a burnt electrical smell. Hard to describe. Been some thieving going on there too.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
JR-call the police & report it. It may not have been much but it may be a way to atleast get the FIL papers back since those are unique and traceable. The money & Ipod may be gone forever, but the papers have a chance.
Or atleast start checking local garbage cans or bushes since once the theives find nothing of value they'll probably just toss them somewhere.

:hugs

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The fact that they only stole a minimum of what would be considered "valuable" it appears that they either knew what they were looking for or knew the value of certain kinds of documents, particularly military service documents. Drug addicts take stuff they can quickly sell or pawn or just money to get what they need. If they left his tools and other valuables, they had an agenda.

The folks who steal that kind of booty are often selling it to various nefarious and shady folks who either use the documents to change and "re-use" or have some purpose in mind which is NOT in the best interest of the citizens of the United States.

While few people yet believe we are being infiltrated by folks of other countries posing as "migrant workers" and a variety of other imposter like things, they have an agenda.

One of our posters here, Google Nicola Tesla knows about these folks and has mentioned it if I remember right. He/she calls them Zombies and while uses what I would consider "light-hearted" descriptions of them, the fact remains that they are waiting for something. I don't know exactly what, but they are being patient and waiting.

We have an ever increasing number of people who are actively draining our national resources from within, either as illegal aliens or posing as such.

I have watched this since the mid-1970's. It is insidious and malignant.

If you don't agree or want to believe it, that is fine. But then when something like this happens most folks simply imagine it is the effort of a few whacked-out drug addicts and is a random act. I am one who has the firm belief that it is not only NOT random but deliberate and insidious.

Sorry this is written in such a "dark tone" but "To be forewarned is to be forearmed."

YMMV
//BT//
Trim sends

Latest posts