Styrofoam containers

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I dont know if theres already a topic on this or not but does anyone have any good ideas for those styrofoam containers that you take home leftovers in.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I don't know, I try to avoid doing that sort of thing in the first place :p

Actual styrofoam, if that's what they are, could be crushed and used as insulation, would be my best suggestion.

Good luck,

Pat

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hmmmm, styrofoam..Im not sure there is anything "good" to reuse them for. I know once I saw Martha Stewart use those popcorn packing peanuts in the bottom of large flower pots..for a filler in the bottom uses less soil, and helps with drainage. This way you have a big beautifull pot, that doesnt weigh 100 pounds wet with soil.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I actually keep a few and wash them out and reuse for leftovers.....like putting in pizza and such if you know you are going to eat it the next day.

Not much use for them in my book....I just throw them out.

I have long fingernails (on off farming time....lol) and my fingernails always punch holes thru the styrofoam alot of times...LOL......so I dump them mostly.

Will be interesting to see if anyone has a good use for them.

hobobrando

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. By the time I went to go get the container it was gone, my sister had thrown it out. I didnt even try to explain to her that we could have used that for something because she doesnt understand. oh well.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gather your kids, and pour some nail polish remover on it and watch it turn into mush. Definitely NOT environmentally friendly, but interesting.

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We get lots of them from take out. I use them to store seeds when they dry out. They stack well if they are one type and have lids. I could use more of these!