Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Ditto. Do they suspect cancer?

I could use some prayers as well. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do about my marriage. While hubby hasn't been as bad lately, hasn't been yelling and screaming, I'm not overly happy. Last Friday was probably the worst. He said we were going out to eat. Well, it was a bar, plain and simple. He wanted me there in case he had too much to drink since a couple of his buddies were also there. For the most part, he ignored me. The food was awful. And, he kept talking about going to my riding club meeting w/me since we were having a fire, and RU had said something to him B4 about having a fire, sitting around it and drinking wine. I DID NOT want him to go if that was why he was going. But, at least he decided not to go. We'll be having our Christmas party soon, and non-riding family members are always welcomed. He won't go. I'm tired of going places w/him when he won't go places w/me.
Well Deb, sounds to me like you need a hobby:) Something that will soothe your soul a little...something that isn't work, but something that will occupy a good chunk of your mind and calm your spirit at the same time. Honestly, my husband, while he doesn't drink or yell and scream, he doesn't go anywhere with me either. If I want to visit someone I am on my own, unless it is his friends. And that's okay with me really...
He is usually busy playing with engines and what not, either here or at one of the neighbors, and that is okay too. At east I know where he is :)

You are seeing progress with yours...lookat the bright side, and forget his shortcomings for a while. See him thru God's eyes for a week and let me know what you see. Will keep you in prayer Deb

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have hobbies, just can't do most of them right now because of my knee. And some of my other hobbies I can't do right now cuz I can't find my supplies in all the clutter, or if I can find them, until I get my new lenses in my glasses, it's hard to do them. Or, they make noise, so I can't do it when he's home.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please know DD that God does answer prayers and it is Satan that is out to destroy marriages. Dh does have a problem! God can and will fix it. He is living a life away from the Creator. If he had a terminal illness would you just let him go and not pray? Put your marriage and his drinking problem in Gods hands and become a prayer warrior! I will gladly pray with you!

Edited to say- I know you are praying. I didn't mean it to sound like you werent. I just meant don't give up too quickly-being away from God is a terminal illness! And Morel is right. Look at him through Gods eyes. I don't say that lightly either. I have to do it everyday trying to hold on to my marriage. It's not even remotely easy and at times darn near impossible.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im listening to Wannabefree's song on iTunes and it really is amazing. We really need to get past all of our spats and become better people and proceed with kindness and with ALL of us trying to cooperate and enjoy this place as it should be. This study was created with Christ's teachings and forgiveness is so very important. And maybe we ALL should forgive and forget. Just start anew.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Rebecca, believe me, I've prayed and I've prayed and I've prayed. This has been an on-going problem now for about 15 years. And, if I left, it would NOT be to divorce him. It would be in the hopes that this would be the wake up call that he needs, if that makes any sense. Sometimes I think that that is the ONLY thing that will get thru to him. And, this is not a decision that I would make lightly. It would be done ONLY after much prayer.

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb........ We do not know if it is cancer but with the fact that he has not been well for sometime and that they are seeing mass in more than one area of his body I think this is the direction it is going to go.

I am sorry you are going thru such trials right now please know that I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Rebecca....... I continue to pray for you and your family

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Rebecca, believe me, I've prayed and I've prayed and I've prayed. This has been an on-going problem now for about 15 years. And, if I left, it would NOT be to divorce him. It would be in the hopes that this would be the wake up call that he needs, if that makes any sense. Sometimes I think that that is the ONLY thing that will get thru to him. And, this is not a decision that I would make lightly. It would be done ONLY after much prayer.
you are probably right on the money about this one Deb, as a wake up call, there is nothing wrong with walking away for a while...and he probably does need it!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And I have peace about that idea. I've struggled w/that idea for years. But, God gave me peace about it. I don't have time to say more, but I will later.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Praise report!!!!!!!!!!! :weee I got another call today to come get a truckload of produce..I had been really missing being able to serve the community! I went and picked up yogurt, spinach, salads, salad mixes, basil, and mushrooms to distribute this afternoon. I have given about half of it out on the way home from the pick up point, and was able to meet several new folks who I don't regularly minister to. It was lovely :) There is NO better blessing than to be able to bless others!!! I LOVE IT!! God is SOOOOOOoooo good, but we already knew that ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Praise report!!!!!!!!!!! :weee I got another call today to come get a truckload of produce..I had been really missing being able to serve the community! I went and picked up yogurt, spinach, salads, salad mixes, basil, and mushrooms to distribute this afternoon. I have given about half of it out on the way home from the pick up point, and was able to meet several new folks who I don't regularly minister to. It was lovely :) There is NO better blessing than to be able to bless others!!! I LOVE IT!! God is SOOOOOOoooo good, but we already knew that ;)
:thumbsup