Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Praise report!!! Friday I interviewed against 7 other candidates for the Regional FFA offices. I had prayed so hard about it, and it SOOO paid off! God is good!!

Let me give you the odds here:

My Application got 5th place out of 8
I was one of two sophmores, rest were mainly seniors
No interview experience (Lots of practice, and I did an awesome interview)
Voted in by delegates

I am now the 2012-2013 Regional Vice President

:woot :woot :woot

GOD IS GOOD!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
He is, I was/am/are amazed at it all!!!

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise him all creatures here below! Praise him above ye heavenly hosts, praise father, son, and holy ghost! Amen!"

:th

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The message this morning is about taking a stand to follow God and holding firm on what is right, about not compromising your standards in your Christian life.

Daniel 6: 26 "...For He is the living God, and steadfast forever; His kingdom is the one which shall not be destroyed, and His dominion shall endure to the end." Amen.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My minister preached along similar lines, but about being ready to tell others where you stand and that they should be able to see a difference in you.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's funny! That's sort of how this sermon went as well...are you sure we don't listen to the same guy? :D One thing he said really stuck with me~he said if you were on trial for being a Christian, would you be found guilty by the evidence, and the witness and testimony of those around you in your life?

It really made me think about how co-workers see me now and how my life USED to be, what my friends saw back then. I know if someone from back then would testify, they would not convict me of Christianity but I believe they would now...now that I've awakened to what God wants of me. I've changed and, hopefully, will always be changing towards a more Christ-like example and witness. I don't think that can ever get to be "enough", but I don't view that as a bad thing, to never be enough. It's very exciting, that discovery of yourself and finding new faith where before there was only a little.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our preacher said almost the exact same thing the other day. Today we had a guest preacher and he talked about how Jesus is reliable, reachable, reasonable, and righteous. It was a very good sermon. Reasonable in that He never puts on us more than we can bear and that He helps us bear it.