Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
So I read this devotion today. It kinda stuck in my mind. "Accept every event as my hand-tailored provision for your needs. When you view your life this way, the most reasonable response is to be thankful".
"Okay," I thought, "Lord, what about the bad things? Like when satan attacks us and bad things happen?". He answered me with the scripture Romans 8:28. "We know all things work together for good to them that love God."
Wow, I knew He could turn the bad around to good,and that we are to worship and give thanks in the bad also, but I never thought of the bad being part of His great provision for us. I just never thought of it that way. Thank you, Father, for your provision-both for the "good" and the "bad"!!!
That is a very high level of spiritual maturity. To see ALL as coming from the hand of our loving Heavenly Father. The enemy of our souls can do NOTHING without permission from the Holy One of Israel. So, when temptations and troubles come, and they will as surely as the sparks fly upward from a fire, look past the circumstances, and seek the eyes of your Heavenly Father, and ask for wisdom to see what area of "messiahlikeness" you are still lacking, and what character trait of the Messiah He is attempting to bring into your life by allowing you to go through those temptations or trials.

In Judaism there is a blessing for when you do not understand why something has happened, even so small a thing as to go into your pocket or purse and draw out an incorrect coin, say you wanted a nickel, and got a dime, even for that small inconvience, the blessing is said "Baruch Dayan HaEmet" or "Blessed is the Righteous Judge." Giving glory to the Holy One for even such a small thing, and showing our submission and acknowledgement that He is the "Boss" and has a purpose for all we experience every minute of our days.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I went canoeing today. It was supposed to be for several hours. The whole reason I went was because I thought that the leader knew how to get past the beaver dams on the lake. Turns out, he didn't even know they were there! So, we were done way early-even though we stopped in the middle of the lake to talk to a guy from a local, weekly paper. When we got out, a couple of people showed up. Started talking to the one person, a woman a few years older than I am. Found out she loves horses, used to have her own and loves to ride. Plus, she goes for a nature walk every week at nearby state park. I didn't even know they were still doing the walks there, so I was excited to learn to that they still are. So yeah, God definitely has everything under control.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Serious prayer intentions on my heart, going in a couple of different directions. Can't go into exacts, but trust me, I could use a few friends to join me in prayer.

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce, praying, our Lord will guide you in his will and you will have peace in your heart. :hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Could you all pray for us?

1. The garden, please pray God will touch it and make it grow and thrive. It just seems all the sudden, it is 8 or 9 different things wrong with it :/

2. Most importantly, Gran is having some fairly invasive surgery friday and just pray that she does good and it fixes the problems.....

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i have a new family!!! Im praying for and with you all... We can make it with God's help!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Praying for you Buff, and for Gran and the garden. God's will be done little brother :hugs