Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Paul very definately knew of others beliefs, so did most of the others. They came from other beliefs to begin with. Most came from Judaism as a matter of fact. Do I think the missionaries were versed in all those other religions...you better believe I do. Where do you think our Christamas tree comes from? Easter Eggs? and many many other current cultural symbols of our faith that were carried down from pagan beliefs into Christainity to drawn in those of other beliefs. you can bank on it, they knew who they were FIRST.

Jesus is the PRIME example of such, how would He minister to the Jews without understanding their beliefs FIRST? I think it might be a part of the grand scheme of God's plan. He knew who they were. No doubt. He knew who the Muslims were, the Greeks, etc. etc.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I disagree with nearly all of that...but I don't find it instructive or even Biblical to even debate it. :D Carry on....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I disagree with nearly all of that...but I don't find it instructive or even Biblical to even debate it. :D Carry on....
Good for you. I plan on carrying on :)

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Paul very definately knew of others beliefs, so did most of the others. They came from other beliefs to begin with. Most came from Judaism as a matter of fact. Do I think the missionaries were versed in all those other religions...you better believe I do. Where do you think our Christamas tree comes from? Easter Eggs? and many many other current cultural symbols of our faith that were carried down from pagan beliefs into Christainity to drawn in those of other beliefs. you can bank on it, they knew who they were FIRST.

Jesus is the PRIME example of such, how would He minister to the Jews without understanding their beliefs FIRST? I think it might be a part of the grand scheme of God's plan. He knew who they were. No doubt. He knew who the Muslims were, the Greeks, etc. etc.
The Muslim belief wasn't founded till after Jesus died. But I agree with everything else.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Zoldani said:
Wannabefree said:

The Muslim belief wasn't founded till after Jesus died. But I agree with everything else.
Not truly "founded," but there was the debate over Isaac versus Ishamel being heir. That's the root of Islamic belief, Ishmaels line.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed, Wannabefree, You are both Christians, yes? Why do you banter so? Do not all Christians believe the same thing. This is what I don't get about Christians. Did not Jesus teach love? Is this interaction loving? Not from my perspective. If you all study the same book why don't you all have the same belief? I don't get this.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm Christian. Not everyone believes the same way. Not everyone studies the same way, and not everyone gets the same things out of it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'll answer that with another question: Why do some Islamic/Muslim people say that their religion is a loving one and doesn't teach killing people not of their faith and other Islamic/Muslim people are strapping bombs to themselves or to their children and blowing other people to smithereens?

That's like saying all black people are the same or all Jews are the same....we are all decidedly designed differently and all handle our beliefs differently. It's not that the truth is different for each person, merely each person interprets their truth in an individual way.

Zoldani

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Valid question. I am not any religion, don't feel I need it BUT I do like to study religion. I just don't understand it. Told my significant other that if any religion could prove to me that they are the TRUE way of worshiping God I would jump, lock stock and barrel to convert. I DO believe in God. Don't believe that God and Jesus are one in the same though. That comes from my study of the Bible and the actual wording. "He" and "I" can't be one in the same. That to me is just logic.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ah....see? There might be the problem. :D You are trying to define God using human/man logic and God defies our feeble cognitive reasonings...in the Bible it states that God's reasoning and intelligence is so far removed and higher than our own that is like the distance between the Earth and Heaven. If it wasn't, He wouldn't be God...He'd merely be a man.

As for the banter between WBF and I? I love her! Of course I love her...I'm the one that tried to entice her from BYC to this forum. And here she is...and I still love her. :)