Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Smoking, abused past home life, and these annoying allergies...have paved the way for service to others, all in the same week lol! I am tearing up just thinking about how the negative things in life, if you look closely, are blessings too, because they allow you to be able to relate to so many hurting people who need God. The next time you feel bad about something in your life...just wait, God can use it. Wait on the Lord.
That's awesome, Wannabefree. You never know what God can use. I'm glad you were able to go to the retreat.

I saw the name of the retreat. Could Deb Coty have been the speaker?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Smoking, abused past home life, and these annoying allergies...have paved the way for service to others, all in the same week lol! I am tearing up just thinking about how the negative things in life, if you look closely, are blessings too, because they allow you to be able to relate to so many hurting people who need God. The next time you feel bad about something in your life...just wait, God can use it. Wait on the Lord.
That's awesome, Wannabefree. You never know what God can use. I'm glad you were able to go to the retreat.

I enjoyed the retreat very much. The keynote speaker was Charli Picket.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BeccaOH said:

I enjoyed the retreat very much. The keynote speaker was Charli Picket.
Ah, okay. Deb Coty wrote a Christian book by that title and I know she does speaking. :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Most of yall know the situation with my husband and I. Well God has been answering prayers almost daily dealing with him. He is still not home yet though. I cant tell yall all the miracles He has performed in my life since he left. My children both are excited to go to church and 2 of them have been saved! Things have been difficult but I am relying on Him completely to help me make the car payments and the church has stepped in to help me get my car fixed. It left me at a stoplight on labor day! I had to push it out of the road. But I know I will stay strong no matter what Satan throws at me. At one point my phone was turned off, the car company was mailing threatening letters along with the bank and my car quit all in the period of a couple of days. I think of it as a test and a reminder to be humble! I ask yall to pray that God touches my husbands heart and for my family also and the heart of the woman he is with. I have been praying and fasting and I KNOW He is going to change his heart and bring him home when the timing is perfect. In the mean time it is for me to know Him better and develop a wonderful relationship with Him that I would have never known with dh here.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:hugs It's good to see you on here. I'll continue to pray for you.

GaFarmGirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beanie, thanks for posting Chicken Scratch. It brings home some things that I needed to hear.
Wannabefree, glad you had a good time. I know what you mean about being the only smoker in a group. I quit smoking on January 1 this year. It was not as hard to do as I thought and I love that I am not spending money on them anymore. I had to get MAD before I could make myself quit. I repeated "I WILL NOT LET THEM CONTROL ME!" over and over.
I am really so glad for this group. I look forward to reading all of your post.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My favorite verse is in my signature line:

In what so ever yea do, do it heartily, as unto God, not unto man. Colossians 3:23

I repeat it to myself over and over through out the day. It helps me to keep focused and reminds me to do my very best at everything I do.

It really puts a whole new spin on mopping the floor....or scooping the litter box....or whatever the case may be.

I try and think to myself - If God were to come into my house, my garden, my office...or whatever the case may be...have I really done my best? Would I be able to face God with as clear of a conscience as I could?

What are some of the verses that deeply effected your day to day life - changed your way of doing things? How?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WOW!!!! What an outpouring of testimonies!!! I LOVE it! Hearing these stories really makes me rejoice...I feel like God's cheerleader when I see Him score yet another touch down. :) Thank you all for sharing...I never get enough of hearing how God works in people's lives. I love reading books about it also...my oldest son and my mother and I are all rotating books about just such as this right now. I feel so incredibly blessed that they are just as eager as I to read about God and His love....I never had that much Christian fellowship before and it feels sooooooooooo good.

Here's one of mine: God is really working in my father's life right now and he and I are enjoying the best relationship we've ever had as he declines even further into Alzheimer's. He is so sweet and easy to work with now and so appreciative of any attention, that loving him comes so easily. I feel so honored to get to even tie his shoes, comb his hair or help him to find his room. He asked me today why I was so good to him and I replied, "Because you took care of me when I was little and you helped me take care of my boys when I had to work every day...and because I love you, Dad. I feel so lucky to get to help you right back!" Poor man thinks I own the nursing home... :gig

I haven't chosen a favorite verse in the Bible...every time I think I've found my favorite, I'll be reading along and find another that I simply LOVE and that applies so much to my life. Then I realized that they ALL apply to my life and so I can't decide which one should be my favorite! :p What sweet misery! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The end of a hard week..... :( Now THAT's something to praise God about! :D The sunset this evening was so stunning that I had to pull over and thank God fervently for the eyes to see it!

Any other praises out there? :)

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
God, has blessed me in so many ways it is mind boggling to try and pin-point exactly where,I have been blessed.I have also been been challenged as well, and fell more often than not.

Latest posts