Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You go Denim Deb! Praying that the Lord will open doors for you in this venture, He is so good!

Thanks Bee! will post pic soon:) I am over the moon! My boss is already making plans of his own...LOL So funny!

Rebecca, he is leading you too:) and taking care of you! So good to hear!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whoohoo! I have another praise! The other day (the one when he sent me the prayer partner) several things had happened. It just one of those days. I had the day before spent almost all the money I had to get a new blower motor for my car so the heater would work. The next morning I woke up to a very cold house. The propane in the tank that I thought would last at least a week or two longer was out my heater and cook stove are both propane. So I headed to Wal-Mart to see how much an electric or kerosene heater was. So I drive all the way there only to realize that I had forgotten my wallet. I'm not going to go into the rest of what happened, but it was NOT going good. I felt so tired and defeated. At the dollar store still looking for a heater is where he answered the prayer for a prayer partner. Today he answered the prayer for propane!!!!!! Ex step Fil had a tank he didn't use since he is all electric and it was FULL!!! We brought it over and hooked it up so now I have a full tank of propane for heating and cooking! For free!! PTL!!!!!!!!!!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Whoohoo! I have another praise! The other day (the one when he sent me the prayer partner) several things had happened. It just one of those days. I had the day before spent almost all the money I had to get a new blower motor for my car so the heater would work. The next morning I woke up to a very cold house. The propane in the tank that I thought would last at least a week or two longer was out my heater and cook stove are both propane. So I headed to Wal-Mart to see how much an electric or kerosene heater was. So I drive all the way there only to realize that I had forgotten my wallet. I'm not going to go into the rest of what happened, but it was NOT going good. I felt so tired and defeated. At the dollar store still looking for a heater is where he answered the prayer for a prayer partner. Today he answered the prayer for propane!!!!!! Ex step Fil had a tank he didn't use since he is all electric and it was FULL!!! We brought it over and hooked it up so now I have a full tank of propane for heating and cooking! For free!! PTL!!!!!!!!!!!
That' s awesome! He is taking care of you! What are the chances that someone would have a full tank of propane they aren't using to give you? :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. Lol he didn't give me the tank but he said I could use it as long as I needed and could refill it and keep using it if I wanted. He's good that way. Btw congrats on your new sewing machine! :clap :drool. I was really wondering how He was going to get me propane! Lol. I guess that was dumb of me. I should have known better than to try to figure it out. His works just amaze me and I want to shout for joy and His goodness! One of those times to just stand back and say "wow". That tank had probably between $300 and $400 in gas in it!

HeronsNestFarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Woodland Woman said:
Sounds like fun! Count me in. Should we start with a topic or a particular chapter?
To me a topic would be best. The Christmas story sounds like a good place to start. I have the King James Version with me now. Do we want to use a modern english version or stick with KJV?

Luke 2:1-14

Now Im not sure how all of this will work out but we can take turns picking scripture or I can. I just hope this is sucessful!!
I vote for posting a scripture to pontificate about. Folks can use their favorite version. Then we can chat and reflect God's light towards each other. Having run more than a couple Bible Studies, I am sure we can trust Holy Spirit to guide us into great and unknown things. Count me in!

Are we starting with this scripture?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
HeronsNestFarm said:
BarredBuff said:
Woodland Woman said:
Sounds like fun! Count me in. Should we start with a topic or a particular chapter?
To me a topic would be best. The Christmas story sounds like a good place to start. I have the King James Version with me now. Do we want to use a modern english version or stick with KJV?

Luke 2:1-14

Now Im not sure how all of this will work out but we can take turns picking scripture or I can. I just hope this is sucessful!!
I vote for posting a scripture to pontificate about. Folks can use their favorite version. Then we can chat and reflect God's light towards each other. Having run more than a couple Bible Studies, I am sure we can trust Holy Spirit to guide us into great and unknown things. Count me in!

Are we starting with this scripture?
That was from this time last year, actually HeronsNest. We had been doing scripture readings early on but Spring hit and well we sort of lost track. But I think its an excellent idea to start again now that everyone is calming down some. Anyone have any ideas?

Thats awesome Rebecca!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings shall you trust: his truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4
Here's one! :) I love this one because I've seen mother hens do this to chicks and I can only imagine how warm and safe they must feel. Sort of how warm and safe I feel right now knowing God has me in His arms, protecting me and caring for me every second of every day.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings shall you trust: his truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4
Here's one! :) I love this one because I've seen mother hens do this to chicks and I can only imagine how warm and safe they must feel. Sort of how warm and safe I feel right now knowing God has me in His arms, protecting me and caring for me every second of every day.
Very good choice Bee!!