SufficientSelf Software Upgrade - Potential Downtime

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I edit a lot. Tend to post before doing a final critique... or go back to correct spelling/grammar errors. I think this new format is MUCH slower. Seems to take forever (well... ok... maybe many seconds!) for a post to actually show up.

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What are "push notifications"?
Push notifications are notifications sent directly to your device, I have a thread about them on BYH: https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/guide-how-to-enable-push-notifications.40125/
I edit a lot. Tend to post before doing a final critique... or go back to correct spelling/grammar errors. I think this new format is MUCH slower. Seems to take forever (well... ok... maybe many seconds!) for a post to actually show up.
The site loads quickly for me. Can you try clearing your browser cache?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Push notifications are notifications sent directly to your device, I have a thread about them on BYH: https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/guide-how-to-enable-push-notifications.40125/

The site loads quickly for me. Can you try clearing your browser cache?

i clear mine every time i shut down, but i think what people may be seeing are times when it looks like perhaps there is some kind of update or maintenance going on in the background where you can press post reply and it just sits there for a while. yesterday and the day before i had a few posts that would not post at all.

also, is the hovering for the alerts ever coming back? it is not working at present for me in firefox/mozilla (i.e. it used to be that if you hovered over the alerts they would show you what was being alerted, now you have to actually click on it to see what is up and then click to dismiss).

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
There was some question about the "new posts" link and functionality. One thing that might help and you could give a try:

1. Go to the "New Posts" link: https://www.sufficientself.com/whats-new/posts/
  2. Click on the "Filters" link to the right
  3. Choose filters like "Watched Content" and/or "Threads in which you've participate"
  4. Click "Save as default"
  5. Then click "Filter"

filter-new-posts.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like the new upgrade, I'm on here with my android/Chrome 99% of the time. I rarely access via Linux/FireFox, because I turned that into our TV.