SufficientSelf's Bible Study & Devotional 2.0

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know your actual name. I copied it, and stated that it was written by a friend who I will meet when Jesus comes to take us home. PM your name, and I'll go back to edit.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I don't know your actual name. I copied it, and stated that it was written by a friend who I will meet when Jesus comes to take us home. PM your name, and I'll go back to edit.
That's perfectly fine.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
“Counter Culture”

“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”
Matthew 5:14

In the Sermon on the Mount, the Lord Jesus Christ makes it clear that his disciples, and those that have trusted in him are to be different from the world. We are to be in this present age, but our citizenship is not anchored here. We are pilgrims and strangers in this land. We are seeking for a better home and a better world when this present age closes. While we labor and seek out the Lord Jesus Christ, we aren’t supposed to fit in. This culture that we live in is antithetical to Christian holiness and Biblical truth. If you are a child of God you won’t find a home here. Praise God for that precious truth. If we want to see a revival, and see a heartful genuine change in this culture we need to be more dedicated than ever before:

1. Dedicate yourself to service. (Matthew 25:35-36)

2. Dedicate your work and life to the glory of God. (Colossians 3:17, Romans 14:8)

3. Dedicate yourself to removing filth and sin from your life. (Colossians 3:5-9, James 4:7-8, and James 5:16)

4. Dedicate yourself to spiritual disciplines. (1st Thessalonians 5:16-18, 2nd Timothy 2:15, Ephesians 5:19-21, 2nd Timothy 3:16-17)

5. Dedicate yourself to your family. (Ephesians 5:24-33, Deuteronomy 6:7)

6. Dedicate yourself to loving your neighbor. (Matthew 22:37-38)

7. Dedicate yourself to loving the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 22:39)

If we want to see a revival of Biblical proportions, we can’t be like the world. It has to start with us. We have to be separate. Dedicate yourself to the ways of the Lord Jesus Christ, and you’ll find rest in an uneasy world.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
II Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IMO, we are either headed towards a revival, the likes of which this world has never seen. OR We are headed towards total world wide destruction of society as we know it. AND We are going through the transitional labor pains leading to the rapture of the Church.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
IMO, we are either headed towards a revival, the likes of which this world has never seen. OR We are headed towards total world wide destruction of society as we know it. AND We are going through the transitional labor pains leading to the rapture of the Church.
I think, either way, the birth pains have intensified.