Sugar free Banana Bread. Not bad!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, since I am going to be doing a 3rd Thanksgiving on the Sunday after ours for my Father in-law who is a diabetic, I went in search for the "perfect recipes" for desserts. I found this one for Banana Bread...made it this evening....and...Its pretty good!!!!!
It uses wheat flour instead of white, so it is a better recipe for him...and apple sauce ( unsweetened) instead of sugar.
Here it is......
99_dsc01970.jpg

99_dsc01971.jpg

Sugar free Banana Bread
2C whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 med. Banana's
1 egg
1/3 C veg oil
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce.

Preheat oven to 350
combine first 4 ingredients, mash your bananas well and add to flour mix. Add rest of ingredients mix well, and "pour" into loaf pan. Bake 40 to 50 minutes. ( Mine only took about 30 minutes.)

I let it cool....some, and the results?? Its pretty good!!! Now I usually like my banana bread warm and soft and almost gooey with butter on it...and sweet. This is NOT like that! LOL It is a firmer bread, not too sweet, but good! I think maybe adding at least one more banana would help. Didn't stop me from inhaling it tho! :p Go ahead, try it...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks! Some of my church buddies are diabetic and this is a great recipe to make for them!!! :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am a little excited to try the Sugar Free Pumpkin pie. Now, I personally will not be able to tell you how it is, as I do NOT Like Pumpkin Pie! :hide Now, pumpkin bread Ohhhh yeah!
Here is the pie recipe....if you want to give that a try. I am going to tomorrow.

Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

16 ounces pumpkin
12 oz evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4 C artificial sweetener
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Mix pumpkin, milk and eggs well, then add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a pie shell bake 15 minutes at 425 then lower to 350 and bake another 40 minutes.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Looks good too! i may try it out as well. I don't eat pumpkin pie either :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great pics!!!

what artifical sweeetner do you use in that pumpkin pie?

just wondering

my MIL is diabetic and she loves Splenda.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
great pics!!!

what artifical sweeetner do you use in that pumpkin pie?

just wondering

my MIL is diabetic and she loves Splenda.
Thats what I will be using for the pie, Splenda. Getting ready to go make it in a few.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm really allergic to Splenda. The only thing I can use is saccharin. Any way to make that work?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I'm really allergic to Splenda. The only thing I can use is saccharin. Any way to make that work?
Im not really sure....I don't use splenda for us, this is holiday baking for the FIL as he is diabetic.
So, the sugar free pumpkin pie is now cooling. Hubby gets to do the taste test once it is cool.

99_dsc01972.jpg

The pie is cool enough to slice.

99_dsc01975.jpg

Hubby said it was good! Well, he didn't actually "say" anything...he was too busy stuffing his pie hole. :lol: He did give a thumbs up.
After he finished...he said it was just as good as a "regular" pie. Whew! So, now on to my regularly scheduled baking... Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, buckeyes, and a cherry pie! MY FAVORITE! :drool

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: now this is a classic--------- Well, he didn't actually "say" anything...he was too busy stuffing his pie hole.

you got me laughing good Just! :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
:lol: :lol: now this is a classic--------- Well, he didn't actually "say" anything...he was too busy stuffing his pie hole.

you got me laughing good Just! :)
I swear, that man is a Pumpkin pie JUNKIE!!!! Woe to anyone or anything that tries to come between the man and his pumpkin pie!