Super Bowl Snacks?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
What are your good super bowl snack recipes/ideas?

My DH yesterday had a pretty long list of junk food that he wanted for watching the superbowl. Usually he's pretty good other than cookies but here was his list:
Honey BBQ wings, red licorice, whoppers, chips, and dip. He only does this a couple times a year so I got all of that already but then got to thinking about me! I think carrot sticks just won't cut it ;).

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Screwdoodles (they are just fried bread dough with cinn. And sugar-twisted ofcourse) (I made quite a large batch last night). I am going to be making hotwings like a chain of restaraunts that is famous for girls in tight clothes (starts with an H). The potential is there for me to have all the fixins for tacos/burritos (something a little more filling), chips and dip, and I'm sure he may ask me for something last minute.

Like you said, DH only asks for something like this a couple times a year, so it's doable.

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We're making venison cheese dip :D DH's recipe...a block or two of Velveeta (ugh), a pound or two of ground venison, and a can or two of salsa. Put it all in the crockpot, and you're good to go!

I want to make a fatty roll , but I'm not sure I'll have the time....

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Super bowl is on so late at night now. starts at 6:30 pm
we don't do anything special for snacking, heck at that time, we have eaten for the day practically lol

usual bag of chips or some ice cream....something we might eat with any tv stuff

lucky for me Tony doesn't ask for anything special, just whatever is in the house :D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Does that mean it's on at 3 here? I have not even checked the time.

I found a big old Tri Tip roast marked down at the grocery yesterday. I think it's going on the bbq for dinner.

For snacks I'm gonna do some of the re fried beans I canned. If you mush them and cook them until thick they make a yummy dip. With corn chips of course.

For most of he day I do my normal thing. Dh kinda turns into a lump on the sofa and I just work around him. :D

g

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony is lucky it is on at 6:30
he has to work that sunday so late is good for him lol

anything mushed with fritos is good :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We are going to a friends house and she is making big pots of chili...everyone is bringing finger foods and desserts.

I need to find a kid friendly GF sweet to make.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
What are your good super bowl snack recipes/ideas?

My DH yesterday had a pretty long list of junk food that he wanted for watching the superbowl. Usually he's pretty good other than cookies but here was his list:
Honey BBQ wings, red licorice, whoppers, chips, and dip. He only does this a couple times a year so I got all of that already but then got to thinking about me! I think carrot sticks just won't cut it ;).
how much time/energy/money are you willing to spend?

for YOU (as in, separate bowl hidden for you), you can toss almond meal and hard shredded cheeses together, lay it on a cookie sheet, and bake until crisp. Wonderful replacement for chips but EXPENSIVE lol. hence the hide it for you only ;) Let them eat chips.

Wings can be done VERY nutritiously. Just deep fry the chicken in a healthy oil and set out several dips (from sweet honey bbq to a lower sugar chili sauce).

Do a spinach artichoke dip and have veggies for you to dip. Everyone else can use junk food LOL. And let them eat the crappy candy. Although I'd say splurge on a REALLY GOOD chocolate bar for you. Green & Black's sells 2 ounce bars, if you need to limit the amount.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Dace said:
We are going to a friends house and she is making big pots of chili...everyone is bringing finger foods and desserts.

I need to find a kid friendly GF sweet to make.
Elana's Pantry to the rescue!!!!

She has her GF super bowl menu posted.

Latest posts