Super Chickens?

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd have to agree. Definetely not killing them. You may be able to make a good buck on selling them as young and good layers. I have had several people call me about my chickens and I sold tons of older (18 months) layers this year, replacing them with younger ones. If you bought them this spring you can sell 2 of the 6, keep 4, sell all 4 next summer or fall when they start to decline and get chicks in the spring to replace the 4 you'll be getting rid of in the fall. But then again....I am chicken obsessed. I always keep a few more layers around just in case. Murphys law, proven many times so far states that you will lose chickens for the oddest reasons when you count on them for eggs so it is helpful to have a replacement on hand when that happens. I have set aside 10 replacement hens for the winter but so far nobody has died of anything. :rolleyes: Can you set up a roadside stand for your eggs? I have so many customers I can barely keep up and I have 30+ layers. Maybe try Craigslist?