Support bar for top of run

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so we expanded our coop run a bit for our growing flock :) and want to put some support bars on the top like we have for the original run, but they're tricky to find. The original run was already on the property when we bought it, we just moved it for our coop when we got here, so I don't know where they got those.

20190420_190510.jpg
20190420_190527.jpg

Any thoughts on where to find a straight bar with the end brackets?

These are the only ones I can find and I'd rather not have to buy it with the uprights if I can help it. Thought about trying to find a 10' steel bar and then the brackets separate, but I still need to figure out where to get those brackets :) and I'm not sure what they're called
DKMF10X10-AP-2T.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's a neat set-up! Looking at the pic, it looks like they used dog runs (kennels), aka "pet enclosures" for the run. Just to give you some ideas of what to Google! lol I just had a quick look online and there are loads of them and related stuff for sale from suppliers, but you'll have to search for your region, I'm getting Irish results, so can't point you in any direction.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After looking at your pic closer - I have to agree with Sumi that it definitely looks like dog kennel material. Seeing that reminds me that about a hunnert years ago a different husband and I built some dog kennels. We had a fence company nearby and they ordered the 3 way kennel connector brackets for us. We cut the pipe ourselves to fit the length we need. Hope you can find 'em!

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They are kennel kits.

We had the idea of getting pipe and cutting it to size, but still need to find the names of the t-brackets at the end

The original one on the property was a single 10x10. We just bought two more a few weeks ago to make it larger

Last edited:

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Home depot, tractpr supply and Menards all looked at my pictures and said they dpnt carry any t-joint like that.

I'll try Lowe's next

Latest posts