Surveillance Camera Experts?

Wifezilla

No-Carb Queen
Reaction score
After the great quail theft incident, I am decided it is time for some security in the old farm yard.

Thanks to my neighbor and a totally messed up truck parts shipment, I am the proud owner of one of these...
http://247securityinc.com/mdvr500.shtml

It does have some shipping damage to the housing, but I think the electronics are still in good shape.

I also have a camera for it, but it looks like I need cord. The back of the base and camera both have a female end. Looks like a need a 6 pin male male cord.

It is also missing an 8v-24v DC power cord.

So, anyone have any experience with these type of doo-hickies?

I am thinking for the price of 2 cords I might have a security system. Since I can't afford a game cam set up right now, is it worth a shot?

Wifezilla

No-Carb Queen
Reaction score
Having trouble finding what the cords are called. The power supply input is square and has 4 pins. Anyone know what those are called?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Can you post a couple of photos? Preferably a closeup of the power connection. Of course, it may be easier and quicker just to contact the company.

Wifezilla

No-Carb Queen
Reaction score
I was planning on calling them, but I thought it would be nice to describe what I need without using the words "thingie" or "doohickie" :D

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I was planning on calling them, but I thought it would be nice to describe what I need without using the words "thingie" or "doohickie" :D
I've worked with electronics for 35 years, and I can tell you that those are technical terms that I use most every day. :D Just explain that you need the power cord and a cable to connect the camera and the recorder, they should be able to figure it out.

Unless you are planning to run this off of a car battery, you may need a power supply to convert AC house current to 8 - 24 volts (12v) DC. You may have to buy that from someone else, but if so I can help you find what you need.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My only advice is once you have it working, don't forget to set it up.... don't ask me how I know. :lol:

Wifezilla

No-Carb Queen
Reaction score
I remember reading something about forgetting to turn on camera on your journal :p

K, I will be getting and adapter so I can just plug it in to the wall. I always seem to have a car cord when I need a wall cord, so I want one inside for the dc cords and one in the car for the ac cords anyway.