Sustainable Hair Removal?

SophiaJade013

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I prefer the expensive yet sure way like laser hair removal from babysmooth.net . This will really help a lot with hair problems.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
Shaving is kind of an art...which I gave up when I retired from the Navy.
There are a few YouTube videos on how to stretch the life of a razor like those fancy multiblade ones they sell in Walmarts and places. The bottom line there is to get it really good and clean by using your finger over the spigot to get a high pressure stream and clean out all the hair and soap from between those blades. After it is clean and dry you apply the blade to your arm and push it up the grain of the skin, not the other way (which is the cutting way) What this does is strop the very fine edge of the blade and uncurl it so you are using a fresh sharp blade each time.

I think the YouTube video is how to get more life from a razor.
The other thing that would help is soap and how you apply it.

Hair will soften with good hot soap. It makes the blade cut better and with less strain on the edge. If you get a really good boar bristle shaving brush and just plain old Ivory soap, you will get a wonderful shave. Use the hottest water you can to rinse the skin, then whip up a good hot lather with the brush and then give the razor a chance to do it's job.
Getting the razor to last a long time is NOT difficult if you get it clean and dry and strop it after every use.

I used to make those blades last 6 months or more that way.

There is another option. The trimmers they make now for fine "sculpting" of the hair (guys use them for trimming beards and black guys like them for fancy hair cuts.) They cut really close now and they won't cut you. The corded one I bought works the best and it works even better if the hair is nice a dry. I forget the brand but will look when I get back to the house. It works really well and can get "in the tiniest places without fear of a cut".

//BT//
Trim sends
I shave only when it starts to itch or for special events. I use a prep razor to cut the long hair first, Prep razors are used before operations Simple and safe the prep work is done by the lowest level medical [and vets] workers. To clean the mutiblade jobs I use my water pic and a wornout toothbtush.~gd