Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1-1/2 cup quick cooking oats

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Drop by tablespoonful on waxed paper. Cool until set.

notes: I ALWAYS double this one because I love these cookies so much. You can use smooth or crunchy pb; I prefer crunchy, and have even been known to thrown in a couple handfuls of roasted peanuts too. You can use regular - as opposed to "quick" - oats, but the texture is different. Not bad, just different, kinda chewier. Actually, I usually make them with regular oats, cuz I like 'em chewier. ;)
This was a favorite of me and my siblings when we were kids! Along with a similar one that was just peanut butter flavored. It is basically fudge with oatmeal in it. Yum.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, I know several of you "real bakers" will roll your eyes at me for this one....but...Honestly, I am the chocolate soup queen. Now, not intentionally I tell ya. I try, and try, and try to make fudge. 30 YEARS of trying....it was so bad for a while when my kids were young, when I was attempting to make fudge again, they would grab spoons and waite. :/ Recently, my DIL gave me the absolutely easiest recipe for fudge!! Even I can't mess this one up.

1 can of white iceing ....for cakes.
1 small jar of peanutbutter.

Melt together, and pour into pan to set. Easy peasy!
I have also used chocolate Iceing, with the peanut butter...tastes like a peanut butter cup!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
Might be too late for this, but I'd be making
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
1-1/2 cup quick cooking oats

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Drop by tablespoonful on waxed paper. Cool until set.

notes: I ALWAYS double this one because I love these cookies so much. You can use smooth or crunchy pb; I prefer crunchy, and have even been known to thrown in a couple handfuls of roasted peanuts too. You can use regular - as opposed to "quick" - oats, but the texture is different. Not bad, just different, kinda chewier. Actually, I usually make them with regular oats, cuz I like 'em chewier. ;)
I haven't made these in years! Actually I was just thinking of these the other day, but have no idea where I have a recipe. Now I don't have to look!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have everything that I need to make them, so I"ll probably be making them tomorrow night. Would have done it today, but didn't have time.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks free for mentioning short bread. I made two batches now and I drizzled melted chocolate chips over them jackson pollock style. They turned out so pretty and they were easy to make.

Ingredients were:
1 1/4 flour
3 Tbs sugar
1/2 cup butter

topping:
2 TBS of chocolate chips melted in a double boiler

I mixed the ingredients up with my pastry cutter and pressed the "dough" into a tart pan. Put it in the oven on 325 for about 40-45 minutes. Cut them into wedges when they were hot then let them cool completely. Then I drizzled melted chocolate over them with a fork.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I made some more this time I used melted peanut butter chips and crushed toasted walnuts on half the batch and melted chocolate chips and toffee bits on the other. They are so pretty, and delicious!

I'm giving them as neighbor gifts.

Thanks freemotion for suggesting these simple cookies!

watsonlane

Power Conserver
Reaction score
thanks everyone!!!! I ended up making some orange brownies.....a paula dean recipe

Latest posts