Take a look please and tell me what you think :-)

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The ten and four gallon are priced fairly if there are no cracks. You could find them for less if you do a lot of yard sale shopping but you'll find 10 cracked crocks before you'll find 1 without cracks or chips. If you have to pick between the 2 large ones get the 10 gallon. You can always just put less in this crock as the wooden lid (that you'll be making for it) will keep the air out of your fermenting creation.
If you were to buy these on e-bay they would cost that much just to ship!!! (I'm assuming that these are a local pick-up item.)
The small crocks are pricey-you can pick these up at thrift stores and yard sales cheap.
Again the paper roller is fairly priced-shipping would be a lot of $. They are around $25-50 a piece in catalogs. You could get both rollers and gift one to a thrifty friend.
You could offer less and always work your way up. If same seller for items they may be willing to come down for someone buying both crocks.

BTW- I have 2 old cracked crocks that I use as end tables. I purchased 2 of those large tempered glass tops for a cheap decorator table for $10 each at the local #*&@-mart. I stuck some cheap silk flowers in the crocks for those nosy enough to peer in them. I also put some of those little felts pads on the egde of the crock under the glass to keep from scratching the glass. This would also be a great place to store fabric scraps.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks so much! yes, these are local--they are directly on my way to my parents house, and we are going there next monday. I will email her, and see if I can work on the price and see if the crocks are crack- free.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea the 10 gallon are priced good actually.

the big crocks can get pricey.

no cracks and yup I would buy them--especially if they are right near your home!