tape rash

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have had the misfortune to have a cut infected with MRSA staph. it is healing from the inside out and has to be packed and dressed every night. The confounded tape has given me an awful rash and hurts like the dickens when it is removed. i have recently been able to down size to a large band aid, but this dang rash itches like mad. does anyone know a quick way to heal a tape rash, is there an ointment, salve or something i can put on it to make it heal really fast?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I don't know where the injury is, so it's hard to guess. Could you use a telfa pad or equivalent and wrap it with gauze instead of tape? I get away with the paper tape pretty well. Maybe switch types.
I knew somebody that got it after foot surgery and went through a lot too. He finally used Manuka honey and was really happy with that. Good luck- hope you are feeling great soon!

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good idea, dragonlaurel! There a kind of stretchy gauze that kinda sticks to itself when you stretch it, so you could prob. use an appropriate sized gauze pad & fasten it on with the stretchy stuff wrapped around.

Sounds like you're one of those unfortunate folks allergic to the glue on bandaids. I ALWAYS ask patients before giving them a shot if they have an allergy to latex or bandaid glue, 'cause the reaction can be a whole lot more miserable than the shot!:(

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask for this but I have lots of stored info on alternative treatments for MRSA at www.HealthSalon.org just do a forum search.

I hope it does not come back for you.